Supervisor promoted

Future

Victory Ride
One for noobs but more experienced can easily go with two/three.
Rule of thumb on depth is once it feels warm that should be enough.
It can be difficult to know if there is a true break through. Thats when you go with the sniff test or some prefer the taste test.
261F1182-737C-43FD-AF9B-6A6A491FA44C.gif

RolloTony Brown Town

I’ve recently been promoted from part time package center supervisor to full time freight supervisor. Can anyone tell me what to expect are the differences between the two? Like benefits and how freight works?

I worked in freight for a couple years. I don’t know what position you took but freight terminals run in shifts:

Inbound supervisor is similar to a preload supervisor. So you’d manage a group of dock employees/drivers. They unload local freight and load it into trailers.

Outbound supervisor is similar to the local sort or being a hub supervisor. Whatever was picked up through out the day is loaded into trailers

During the day there’s a dispatcher that monitors the drivers and decides whose going to cover what pickups as they come in.

Inbound planning is done the day before or the evening before. This would be similar to being a PDS in that you decide who gets what deliveries.

Make sure you listen to your drivers and dock guys and drivers. Freight IS NOT small pack. Weight distribution in trailers is key for safe driving. Certain equipment doesn’t belong in residential areas or even some businesses. Some places need lift gates. Some guys will be real with you. Some will play games. It’s very stressful and long hours. I know the pay raise might seem good now but it won’t be enough. You get IMIP which is similar to MIP except you get a smaller percentage for a reward and 50% of the factor is based on how well small pack and the rest of the company does even though they have nothing to do with what you’ll do.

I Hope this helps in some way.