Supervisors Helping PH Load

By The Book

All you part time employees need to stand together. Supervisors are there to supervise, not do the work of the bargaining unit........ If you notice it say something, request that an hourly helps you, not a supervisor. If a supervisor is doing hourly work and not training or holding the fort for a bathroom break let them know you will be filing a grievance. Trust me they need you for all the hours they are working you! Look out for each other!

BrownThunder

All I ask is they stop hiring lazy dip sh_ts who are more concerned with their facebook profiles than getting the job done. No lie, last week I had a partner who was doing snapchat videos in the trailer with me. This was a grown man folks... WTF.

Although you bring up points I can't argue against re: why supes should never help load.... I have a hard time respecting any or sup I have never seen sweat. My motto is If I've never seen you sweat I question your work ethic. Hell we had a older guy driving feeders roll up his sleeves and help move irreg pallets closer to us while we heaved them up onto the grading.

Most of our supes will jump in to do little stuff like control flow & break jams. With all that's been said here, I think I'll be less annoyed when I see our obese female pt sup stand there barking orders I stead of jumping her big ass in and burning a calorie or two.

I will however, make an exception for women who look good in tight clothing. Bring them in and put them on assignment close to me. They're good for morale, and great for America. *salute*

Last edited:
All I ask is they stop hiring lazy dip sh_ts who are more concerned with their facebook profiles than getting the job done. No lie, last week I had a partner who was doing snapchat videos in the trailer with me. This was a grown man folks... WTF.

Although you bring up points I can't argue against re: why supes should never help load.... I have a hard time respecting any or sup I have never seen sweat. My motto is If I've never seen you sweat I question your work ethic. Hell we had a older guy driving feeders roll up his sleeves and help move irreg pallets closer to us while we heaved them up onto the grading.

Most of our supes will jump in to do little stuff like control flow & break jams. With all that's been said here, I think I'll be less annoyed when I see our obese female pt sup stand there barking orders I stead of jumping her big ass in and burning a calorie or two.

I will however, make an exception for women who look good in tight clothing. Bring them in and put them on assignment close to me. They're good for morale, and great for America. *salute*
I hardly sweat and still work the hardest. It's called being in shape.

Wayne05

I have a hard time believing some of the sups I've seen have ever spent time loading... My center has more female sups than I've ever seen on one team of loaders. And after trying to train girls at loading, I just don't think they've done any time.

Mothe73

man, loaders must also be fishermen. seems to be the same story. and our building, everything was labeled skilled. so loaders are not paid more than any other position.

tfinnegan

happy exupser
FT / PT sups should not be handling the packages.
Drivers should not handle any packages until they are on the clock, even if it is for their own vehicle, and the drivers shop steward should be addressing it one on one basis with them. NOW GET OFF THE BELT!!

Joelbaker

My sups literally load trailers by themselves sometimes. One girl in particular is constantly doing our work. I didn't know I could file a grievance but would she hate me? The union head said they're working on getting more ppl or moving ppl to full time but all the ppl we hire quit and the ppl who stay don't do crap. So frustrating.

Joelbaker

The other day we were down 30 people and one of the head managers had to break a jam himself. Ppl here don't want the money I guess. It's only 10.35 to start but ot isn't bad

Joelbaker

Honestly, if UPS would spend time training employees throughout the duration of their probationary period they would have a better workforce. Having them watch videos and load/unload/drive/etc in the easiest possible setting is not conducive.

Providing support throughout the length of the probationary period would provide the employee with a better foundation and give the employer a better look at the type of employee they are getting.

However, that probably cost too much even though it would save money in the long run.
They've been doing this at my hub. 3 new hires work all night with a sup. Sometimes it's just one new hire and a sup and after weeks of training like that many still quit. One girl was showing me all these bruises she had up her arms, she quit the next day. Sups have said they try to shelter newhires so they don't get scared away but I think telling them from the get go exactly what they're in for might help weed out the serious prospects for long term employment from the ppl who quit once they get a small taste of what they're in for. So much time and money is wasted with their hiring process and we are the ones that really suffer when someone quits and we get stuck doing their work and ours.

Wayne05

They've been doing this at my hub. 3 new hires work all night with a sup. Sometimes it's just one new hire and a sup and after weeks of training like that many still quit. One girl was showing me all these bruises she had up her arms, she quit the next day. Sups have said they try to shelter newhires so they don't get scared away but I think telling them from the get go exactly what they're in for might help weed out the serious prospects for long term employment from the ppl who quit once they get a small taste of what they're in for. So much time and money is wasted with their hiring process and we are the ones that really suffer when someone quits and we get stuck doing their work and ours.

My hub brings in 15-25 new hires every week. It's exactly like this! By week two 50% have quit. I just made seniority last week, and as far as I can tell there's only three other guys that got hired at the same time as me that are still on. The turnover is crazy.