Supervisors working without consequences

djcodine

Anyone other locals having issues where UPS is refusing to settle supervisors working grievances? We got grievances going all the way back to November of last year where they have not settled (couple hundred hours worth of grievances). Everything from Supervisors running routes to working whole shifts of inside work, most days every supervisor in the building loading or unloading the whole shifts. Union just keeps saying UPS is fighting them.....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone other locals having issues where UPS is refusing to settle supervisors working grievances? We got grievances going all the way back to November of last year where they have not settled (couple hundred hours worth of grievances). Everything from Supervisors running routes to working whole shifts of inside work, most days every supervisor in the building loading or unloading the whole shifts. Union just keeps saying UPS is fighting them.....
Going through the same thing with 9.5’s here. Everything deadlocked pretty much.

542thruNthru

Covid has really stopped a lot of things. We had a arbitration that was supposed to happen this year. That was postponed.

The company is delaying panels or only doing terminations and using covid as a excuse is what im hearing also.

Just keep filing. It will come.

WorkingAsDirected

They’ll payout eventually. If they don’t, file labor charges.

For some grievances i've waited several years only to be paid out at half. Its a mystery to me how its decided how much you get paid. Now with the covid going on, there isnt a supervisor in the building thats not working the entire shift.

Rack em

Made the Podium
File labor charges immediately. The contract says grievances are to be settled in a timely manner. The company can't stall just because of covid, there are plenty of options to resolve grievances, especially clear cut grievances.

SweatPit

i won't bite
File labor charges immediately. The contract says grievances are to be settled in a timely manner. The company can't stall just because of covid, there are plenty of options to resolve grievances, especially clear cut grievances.
How does one go about filing "Labor charges"? I had 22 hours on this one supervisor. Like 28 grievances. Got paid for 10 hours at double time. Supposedly the rest is "deadlocked" I thought after the 3rd grievance its supposed to be triple time? Has anyone got paid triple time for working grievances yet? Its been about a year since I started filing on said person for working.

WorkingAsDirected

How does one go about filing "Labor charges"? I had 22 hours on this one supervisor. Like 28 grievances. Got paid for 10 hours at double time. Supposedly the rest is "deadlocked" I thought after the 3rd grievance its supposed to be triple time? Has anyone got paid triple time for working grievances yet? Its been about a year since I started filing on said person for working.
When were they originally filed?

djcodine

Was told yesterday the company is now claiming he covid virus issue is an act of god which allows them to work supervisors and is refuse to pay any supervisor workings.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Sure the first couple weeks volume hit that is a viable excuse.

But yeah somewhere along the line they have at least attempt to hire enough people.
We need at least 6 more drivers right now and they haven't even attempted to hire anyone. They are just paying out 9.5 grievances as it is cheaper than hiring more drivers. Our local is talking about getting a LOA for drivers to bring the truck back after 9.5 and go home since the company is making ZERO effort to honor 9,5 language. Doubt that will happen, but something needs to be done!

WTFm8

We need at least 6 more drivers right now and they haven't even attempted to hire anyone. They are just paying out 9.5 grievances as it is cheaper than hiring more drivers. Our local is talking about getting a LOA for drivers to bring the truck back after 9.5 and go home since the company is making ZERO effort to honor 9,5 language. Doubt that will happen, but something needs to be done!

If it does happen it’s just going to screw the 22.4s and cover drivers even more.

542thruNthru

That LOA was discussed here back when Tuscan building had 40 cases of covid.

It won't happen.