Supervisors working without consequences

Nah
A supervisor will never touch a package if you work correctly. UPS supervisors can work and touch packages. If the union workers don’t show. It’s very common at all facilities for half the loaders to call in sick daily.

Not exactly. The contract says they must "exhaust all options."

Some questions to ask if a supervisor is using the "Joe Blow called in" card:

-Did you call everybody on the double shift list (if one exists)? What were the names, and reasons they refused to come in?
-Did you ask employees from the previous shift if they wanted to stay and get extra hours?
-Did you call any package drivers or Feeder drivers who might want some extra time?
-Will you be following the prescribed disciplinary procedure with the absent employee(s) to ensure this does not happen again?**
-Did you call any and all employees currently laid off?

**I don't care for this question personally, but if supervisors are performing work because of calls-ins and the situation is not being handled, that's a red flag.

Call-ins are not carte blanche for the company to do whatever they want.

WorkingAsDirected

I have 3 that are going on a year
13e.jpg

Not exactly. The contract says they must "exhaust all options."

Some questions to ask if a supervisor is using the "Joe Blow called in" card:

-Did you call everybody on the double shift list (if one exists)? What were the names, and reasons they refused to come in?
-Did you ask employees from the previous shift if they wanted to stay and get extra hours?
-Did you call any package drivers or Feeder drivers who might want some extra time?
-Will you be following the prescribed disciplinary procedure with the absent employee(s) to ensure this does not happen again?**
-Did you call any and all employees currently laid off?

**I don't care for this question personally, but if supervisors are performing work because of calls-ins and the situation is not being handled, that's a red flag.

Call-ins are not carte blanche for the company to do whatever they want.
The union is weak. No one will see any money from grievances. Your questions can all be answered yes very easily. The union doesn’t have any power or resources to investigate.

Nah
The union is weak. No one will see any money from grievances. Your questions can all be answered yes very easily. The union doesn’t have any power or resources to investigate.

In addition to having never read Article 3, it seems that you also need to review Article 4 of the NMA.

In any case, I would contact the employees myself if the steward can't be bothered to. In my local we have one week to file. Plenty of time to see if the supervisor is lying or not.

In addition to having never read Article 3, it seems that you also need to review Article 4 of the NMA.

In any case, I would contact the employees myself if the steward can't be bothered to. In my local we have one week to file. Plenty of time to see if the supervisor is lying or not.
I repeat, the Teamsters isn’t going to waste resources on supes working. No wonder the supes are working. The loaders are standing around watching the supe work. Supes never work if fully staffed and a loader does their job, load.

Nah
I repeat, the Teamsters isn’t going to waste resources on supes working.

Then why did they negotiate Article 3.7 into the contract at all? Why have I always gotten paid when I filed? Why did my Business Agent tell my new union co-worker just two days ago that no member of management can progress packages through the system, including shuttling, breaking jams, picking packages up off the ground, etc.?

Then why did they negotiate Article 3.7 into the contract at all? Why have I always gotten paid when I filed? Why did my Business Agent tell my new union co-worker just two days ago that no member of management can progress packages through the system, including shuttling, breaking jams, picking packages up off the ground, etc.?
Youre all talk, you’ve never been paid out by supes working.

Over70irregs

Easy file $

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Lets see..every management person at UPS has done this at some point in their career, not every one is payable grievance.

Don't swallow all the union kool-aid....

Your welcome.

Nah
Lets see..every management person at UPS has done this at some point in their career, not every one is payable grievance.

Don't swallow all the union kool-aid....

Your welcome.

The issue isn't whether it's a payable grievance, it's whether the union will fight for it (which, in my experience, they will).

Please review the whole conversation.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
The issue isn't whether it's a payable grievance, it's whether the union will fight for it (which, in my experience, they will).

Please review the whole conversation.

Reviewed - again..no the union will not fight for each one..in my experience..