Supreme Court

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Elections have consequences. Win and it all goes away. If the democrats win, they’ll pack the court and water down the effect of the court until republicans take control again and so on and so forth until the SCOTUS really is pathetic.

But that’s where politics has brought every branch of Jeffersonian democracy. In time we’ll end up a parliamentary system instead.
It's surprising our governmental system has survived as long as it has.
The strength in our governmental system has been the deliberate way it has adapted to our changing society ...
... sit back and take it slow to make changes.​
The intent of the framers is that the legislative body passes laws that reflect the changes in society.
The SCOTUS is in place to make sure individual rights are not harmed with the passage of these new laws or ...
the way the Executive branch interprets them.
That is why I thought the SCOTUS really did a good job this year in protecting individuals' rights.
That is JOB #1!..........................................................................................

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Obviously from recent riots there is no longer the political will to incarcerate felons of any race for lengthy periods unless the crime is of a heinous nature. Even then. Every time someone does something especially bad it's often learned that they got released for things that should have kept them in much longer. Liberal judges are a big part of the problem.
That is an Executive Branch interpretation of existing laws.
The legislature may have to step in and pass laws that corrects this lack of responsibility by the local Judicial System.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Meanwhile, Dignity is being displayed at this hotel.

US hotel features Ruth Bader Ginsburg portrait made with 20k hand-painted tampons

The hotel reportedly hired a women-owned design company and created opportunities to pay female artists for their work. Andrea Sheehan, the founder of Seattle- and London-based Dawson Design Associates (DDA), for instance, commissioned a massive pointillist portrait of late Supreme Court justice and feminist icon Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The portrait has been made out of 20,000 hand-painted tampons.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
He didn't say that. you're manufacturing. we should have a debate where every candidate says I'll tell you after I am elected for their answer.
The candidate doesn't have a responsibility to tell what he/she will do.
The voter does has the responsibility to vote accordingly.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Meanwhile, Dignity is being displayed at this hotel.

US hotel features Ruth Bader Ginsburg portrait made with 20k hand-painted tampons

The hotel reportedly hired a women-owned design company and created opportunities to pay female artists for their work. Andrea Sheehan, the founder of Seattle- and London-based Dawson Design Associates (DDA), for instance, commissioned a massive pointillist portrait of late Supreme Court justice and feminist icon Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The portrait has been made out of 20,000 hand-painted tampons.
:congratualtions::winnersmiley::bpotd: ... DEFINITELY THE MOST AMUSING!
ps - this color is 'BLOOD RED' #8a0707

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
If Biden wins in a landslide and carries 8 senate seats with him and Mitch follows up by confirming a Justice in the lame duck in clear defiance of the will of the voters, should Biden just accept that?
Would that be good for our democracy?
You are the dumbest person around when it comes to the US Government.
The US Government is a Democratic Republic.​
Did you mean the US society?.................................................

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
SCOTUS to an ever increasing extent is becoming less of an impartial judicial body and more of a political body becoming very similar to the other two branches of government.
I agree with that.
I think the Repugs are sincere in changing that so that the SCOTUS does not legislate from the bench.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
how do you steal seats that were left open . did they give ginsburg cancer to steal her seat? Ginsberg was encouraged by the left to retire during the Obama administration to preserve the liberal seat . she chose to gamble and lost.
As did Clarence Thomas this 4 years.
Although at 72 years of age ... he maybe able to hold out another 10 years or so.

floridays

As did Clarence Thomas this 4 years.
Although at 72 years of age ... he maybe able to hold out another 10 years or so.
You do not replace a Justice like Clarence Thomas, that mold is broken.
Sam Alito is all that is left.
Roberts is compromised.

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have proven this by inserting personal or absorbed outside influence beyond what our framers provided.

My opinion only.

My opinion, I believe I can support with research.
Just my thought based on reading the reading of some of their reasioning.

floridays

He should leave when Trump gets re-elected. That way Trump can pack it even harder..:blushing2:
Pack it with what? John Roberts, Brett Kavanaugh, Neil Gorsuch types?

Clarence Thomas will never be replaced.

When He and Sam Alito are gone, the Court pertaining to the Constitution will have let the building.

It will be fine

A0AEF575-F6BD-4E35-84FA-E27BE17DF939.jpeg