SUPREME, BABY!

vantexan

Education has clearly played zero role in your life so what do you care about who gets into college?
Why are you upset? Liberal university admins can no longer discriminate against Asian Americans in favor of other minorities. How can that possibly be a bad thing?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Lol I’m glad to have your disapproval. Maybe go pick up a history book and actually learn who MLK was.
Speaking of history, it was my major. Graduated in '79.
Could have taught it, but driving a truck for 3 times the money just seemed the right thing to do.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why are you upset? Liberal university admins can no longer discriminate against Asian Americans in favor of other minorities. How can that possibly be a bad thing?
So finally China can send over all the grown child with dual citizenship to be their fifth column.
For those who aren't that well informed, China has been sending expecting mothers to the states to give birth.

vantexan

Here, we have a thread of uneducated, middle class white men whining about who gets into colleges they couldn’t attend themselves. But they aren’t racist though! They quote MLK out of context! You all are the most pampered and privileged demographic in the world. Seriously, cry me a river.
You seem to forget that these "uneducated" men busted their asses to be middle class and don't appreciate people getting a leg up over people who worked very hard to get good grades and high SAT scores. I'm certain I have very little in common with a young Asian kid but I think it's reprehensible that he or she put in very long hours studying and achieving good grades only to be told there are too many of his kind in school already so to be fair they're going to fill that slot with a black kid with much lower grades and test scores. That Asian kid lost out on getting a highly valued degree from one of the most prestigious schools which will very much alter his future. If Ivy League schools have the rigorous standards their reputation suggests it's highly likely that black kid or any other kid with similar grades and test scores won't do well and may not even graduate unless of course the school "assists" with that also.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You seem to forget that these "uneducated" men busted their asses to be middle class and don't appreciate people getting a leg up over people who worked very hard to get good grades and high SAT scores. I'm certain I have very little in common with a young Asian kid but I think it's reprehensible that he or she put in very long hours studying and achieving good grades only to be told there are too many of his kind in school already so to be fair they're going to fill that slot with a black kid with much lower grades and test scores. That Asian kid lost out on getting a highly valued degree from one of the most prestigious schools which will very much alter his future. If Ivy League schools have the rigorous standards their reputation suggests it's highly likely that black kid or any other kid with similar grades and test scores won't do well and may not even graduate unless of course the school "assists" with that also.
Did affirmative action play a role with Obama attending Harvard Law ?

vantexan

So finally China can send over all the grown child with dual citizenship to be their fifth column.
For those who aren't that well informed, China has been sending expecting mothers to the states to give birth.
The Chinese don't seem to have a problem getting into our major universities. It does seem that our Asian-American kids are being discriminated against though. That was what the two lawsuits before SCOTUS were about.

AB831

Speaking of history, it was my major. Graduated in '79.
Could have taught it, but driving a truck for 3 times the money just seemed the right thing to do.
You’re a history major and don’t understand the basic premise of the “I have a Dream Speech.” I think it’s for the best of everyone involved that you didn’t become a teacher.

AB831

If Ivy League schools have the rigorous standards their reputation suggests it's highly likely that black kid or any other kid with similar grades and test scores won't do well and may not even graduate unless of course the school "assists" with that also.
Why would you assume the black kids have low test scores?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Chinese don't seem to have a problem getting into our major universities. It does seem that our Asian-American kids are being discriminated against though. That was what the two lawsuits before SCOTUS were about.
Who's to say that China didn't play a role in that lawsuit ?
One has to remember that China plays a long game to achieve their goals.

vantexan

You’re a history major and don’t understand the basic premise of the “I have a Dream Speech.” I think it’s for the best of everyone involved that you didn’t become a teacher.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MLK say in that speech that he looked forward to the day when his children would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin? Doesn't affirmative action, if it doesn't focus on merit, base promotion on skin color?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Do you recall that he got fired from a law firm because he was more interested in playing hoops than doing the work .

AB831

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MLK say in that speech that he looked forward to the day when his children would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin? Doesn't affirmative action, if it doesn't focus on merit, base promotion on skin color?
No

vantexan

Why would you assume the black kids have low test scores?
I didn't assume anything. The universities were discriminating against Asian-American kids with high test scores in favor of other minorities wth lower test scores for the sake of diversity. That was the basis of two lawsuits brought before SCOTUS.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Again, MLK would have loved it.
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."