Sups double shifting as bargaining unit employees

Karma...

well, with what they pay pt supervisors its probably cheaper to do so...be happy...........if they were smart the pt supervisors would organize....at least that way the teamsters would get more initiation fees , more money for the sluice funds and monthly dues.....

M

MenInBrown

In my 21 years we have never had a grievance paid at my center for sups working. NEVER! They got thrown out every time with the excuse that you still got your 8hr guarantee. Local 391 is garbage.

oldngray

nowhere special
In my 21 years we have never had a grievance paid at my center for sups working. NEVER! They got thrown out every time with the excuse that you still got your 8hr guarantee. Local 391 is garbage.
They get around things by not hiring enough hourly then claim the sups are the only people available to do the work. Plus they will send everyone home and there will be nobody around to keep an eye on the sups too.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Wow. Harsh statement against Local 391. What have you done, are doing, or plan to do to make your Local better?

IMO
Individuals with such strong opinions about Local leadership and experience to back those opinions up are the best candidates for election.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah who needs a savings account when you got UPS,can't wait until I have my other one going and building interest as well!
Stashing too much money in a savings account even with some interest just means you’re losing buying power all of the time.

Brownslave688

Similar situation here. Hours upon hours thrown out because they are treated like extra work grievances not sups working.

Brownslave688

Wow. Harsh statement against Local 391. What have you done, are doing, or plan to do to make your Local better?

IMO
Individuals with such strong opinions about Local leadership and experience to back those opinions up are the best candidates for election.
Maybe it’s like 688 where BA are simply part of a slate or otherwise appointed.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
At my hub things are so bad that the sups are doubling as loaders.There are basically being used as scabs to do our work.Is this happening at other hubs?
I was obviously in management, but I have to tell you, management will take and take and take until you make it painful. My advice - file your brains out, and then file some more.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I was obviously in management, but I have to tell you, management will take and take and take until you make it painful. My advice - file your brains out, and then file some more.
I'd love to file on them but it is not my sort, and I don't work the whole sort.They are day sort sups working the night sort as loaders.They will burn themselves out in a week or 2 anyway,it would be nice to cash in before that happens.They won't tell us their names.It is just putting duct tape on a massive hole in the boat.Still waiting on the MRA all UPS is doing is running their own workforce into the ground.

Staydryitsraining

I'd love to file on them but it is not my sort, and I don't work the whole sort.They are day sort sups working the night sort as loaders.They will burn themselves out in a week or 2 anyway,it would be nice to cash in before that happens.They won't tell us their names.It is just putting duct tape on a massive hole in the boat.Still waiting on the MRA all UPS is doing is running their own workforce into the ground.
You kind of sound like someone who is first to complain but if any effort at all is needed to fix something you immediately back off.

Brownslave688

Shouldn’t matter what sort it is. Sups working is a penalty for them working. All you need is the knowledge of when they worked and what they did

Swanson

You kind of sound like someone who is first to complain but if any effort at all is needed to fix something you immediately back off.
It's a new issue I am working on it. First I gotta find out their names, 2nd I gotta stay the whole night sort and nail them.I was thinking tomorrow night if all goes well.Grieve first ask questions later.

Swanson

Shouldn’t matter what sort it is. Sups working is a penalty for them working. All you need is the knowledge of when they worked and what they did
Yes it will be my top priority,if I can at least get 3 or 4 for working the whole sort that will be a nice payout.

Brownslave688

It's a new issue I am working on it. First I gotta find out their names, 2nd I gotta stay the whole night sort and nail them.I was thinking tomorrow night if all goes well.Grieve first ask questions later.
Just ask someone that works next to them

TeltBender

My hub is in real bad shape they won't give us an MRA raise.The few guys that double get ripped off (my last check said I had a 5hour lunch on my double),or get burned out.
Do you not have a steward in your building or something? Is there a reason you haven’t grieved anything?????

TeltBender

You should call your local union hall about this. Doesn’t matter what sort it is. Supes working is supes working. “They will burn out in a week” is a bad attitude.