Sure post .... Is yours off the package car?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's volume we wouldn't have at all otherwise and all I hear about nationwide is hiring hiring hiring.
Supposedly fedex can beat us in price across all segments.. So what makes sure post any different... I'm sure they can beat ups on that price also... But it looks like we still have volume, we are still in business even with this supposed higher price to service than fedex...stop drinking the cool aid...your better than that slave

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Every other customer weighs and measures their packages. Doing this should automatically kick out any non qualified packages at the shippers location. Sadly they would probably then end up with the competition.
Yeah my center manager is not happy about all of this. I don't blame him. The customer should be forced to weigh and measure everything and be hit with a large surcharge if they are found to abuse it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think the new training gives us a good chance to stand up but we have to stand up. 90% of the people that have a chance to stop progress of the oversized stuff could care less.
With all due respect to you I honestly believe there was a limited amount of oversized sure post pkgs coming down the pike... At least in my experience in my neck of the woods... I think focusing on this was smoke and mirrors from the union.... If they want to push this we need proximity pkgs.... Period, not " if you have a ground pkg and a sure post for the same stop these will get back on the car delivered by teamsters... Bs h all this does is clog up the cars doesn't make th rum more routes which is the ultimate goal ..

Brownslave688

Supposedly fedex can beat us in price across all segments.. So what makes sure post any different... I'm sure they can beat ups on that price also... But it looks like we still have volume, we are still in business even with this supposed higher price to service than fedex...stop drinking the cool aid...your better than that slave
If the difference between our ground and their smart post is $2 a package we don't stand a chance. If surepost gets us within a quarter or so then we have a good chance of keeping the volume.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah my center manager is not happy about all of this. I don't blame him. The customer should be forced to weigh and measure everything and be hit with a large surcharge if they are found to
Yeah my center manager is not happy about all of this. I don't blame him. The customer should be forced to weigh and measure everything and be hit with a large surcharge if they are found to abuse it.
why is he getting mad he has no control over anything related to ups anyway... Just a wannabe partner that's overpaid for what they do anyway....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If the difference between our ground and their smart post is $2 a package we don't stand a chance. If surepost gets us within a quarter or so then we have a good chance of keeping the volume.
But in theory if fedex can beat our sure post by 25 or 50 cents the customers could use them.. Supposedly they can always undercut us so as of 2015 why are we sill making billions and volume continues to grow

Brownslave688

With all due respect to you I honestly believe there was a limited amount of oversized sure post pkgs coming down the pike... At least in my experience in my neck of the woods... I think focusing on this was smoke and mirrors from the union.... If they want to push this we need proximity pkgs.... Period, not " if you have a ground pkg and a sure post for the same stop these will get back on the car delivered by teamsters... Bs h all this does is clog up the cars doesn't make th rum more routes which is the ultimate goal ..
Oh I agree the proximity language is a joke.

The problem comes in enforcing it. We need printouts of every surepost packages final destination on. a map along with all of the regular stops for that day.

And how about a fine to the local pension fund for every package that wasn't kicked out.

Brownslave688

But in theory if fedex can beat our sure post by 25 or 50 cents the customers could use them.. Supposedly they can always undercut us so as of 2015 why are we sill making billions and volume continues to grow
Volume is growing because of online shopping. Our share of the pie of shrinking.

By The Book

Sure post isn't supposed to go to post office if we also have a stop at the same house..we will deliver both. Also we deliver any sure post piece larger than 3 cubic foot
Normally, yes....let me know if your situation there changes. You may be in a smaller center that hasn't changed this for peak.

10 point

Oh I agree the proximity language is a joke.

The problem comes in enforcing it. We need printouts of every surepost packages final destination on. a map along with all of the regular stops for that day.

And how about a fine to the local pension fund for every package that wasn't kicked out.
Call the IBT pkg division and get their response on proximity stops.

It's a joke.

They're still working on it. Funny, that was supposed to be implemented a long time ago....

wait, "technology... when available".

oldngray

nowhere special

It's a joke.

They're still working on it. Funny, that was supposed to be implemented a long time ago....

It sounds like a case of "follow the money".

Brownslave688

It's a joke.

I told my BA at contract meetings it was pretty words on paper that they thought would help get the contract passed.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Everybody freaks out over SurePost, but I never hear anything on here about mail innovations. That's what everybody should be worried about. Don't even have the option of a teamster delivering it

Brownslave688

Everybody freaks out over SurePost, but I never hear anything on here about mail innovations. That's what everybody should be worried about. Don't even have the option of a teamster delivering it
The difference is it had very strict guide lines that from what I hve seen are followed

Brownslave688

Also I doubt many on here know about it. It's never seen after the pick up pretty much.

Octave

Sure post volume is getting scary in our hub. One stop yesterday had over 2400 pieces.
I don't know how it is for yall, but I've seen SurePost get some crazy volume outside of peak as a preloader. Granted, my view is limited as I only load 4 trucks and 1 has a regular post office stop. In the middle of the summer it had close to 300 SurePost (maybe 6 bags, the rest were loose) along with the regular ~330 rest of the package car. Fun day. But they all seem to be going to isle cars (rentals) now as I haven't had bulk SurePost for my trucks in two weeks or so.

I've got a few SurePost packages that have come down that didn't fit the specifications of less than ten pounds or some-cubic-feet metric, driver pulled 'em out and had a word with the sup. Is that common? I don't even have to deal with delivering the SurePost stuff and it confuses me.

Brownslave688

I don't know how it is for yall, but I've seen SurePost get some crazy volume outside of peak as a preloader. Granted, my view is limited as I only load 4 trucks and 1 has a regular post office stop. In the middle of the summer it had close to 300 SurePost (maybe 6 bags, the rest were loose) along with the regular ~330 rest of the package car. Fun day. But they all seem to be going to isle cars (rentals) now as I haven't had bulk SurePost for my trucks in two weeks or so.

I've got a few SurePost packages that have come down that didn't fit the specifications of less than ten pounds or some-cubic-feet metric, driver pulled 'em out and had a word with the sup. Is that common? I don't even have to deal with delivering the SurePost stuff and it confuses me.
Yes and as a loader you can pull any package that's bigger than 12x12x12 or over 10 lbs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Teamsters struggle with 3 syllable words.
They can't handle the 4 syllable Innovations