Sure post .... Is yours off the package car?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let's say he does decide to follow your advice and brings back 50-75% of his load------you don't think they would send him home and not use him for the rest of Peak? The packages would be delivered by whomever takes his place and he would be forgotten after a day or so.

10 point

Let's say he does decide to follow your advice and brings back 50-75% of his load------you don't think they would send him home and not use him for the rest of Peak? The packages would be delivered by whomever takes his place and he would be forgotten after a day or so.
Have the steward address it before it leaves the building.

He can stay out of it.

BTW..
Last year we had three avoidable accidents during peak by new and temp drivers.
The company put them back on the road immediately because they needed them.
There was a temp driver that just had an avoidable (drove thru an overhead door that wasn't up ...smash!) and he's STILL driving. You think a surepost diversion will take some temp off the road at peak?
I doubt it.

Last edited:

DOK

Only on days where we are over capacity. Otherwise we've been doing a lot of it.

Last night we actually had more surepost pickup volume than ground. I've never seen that before.

It'll be interesting to so if surepost volume dries up to nothing during the week of Christmas. What shipper would risk the customer not getting the package by shipping it surepost instead of regular ground?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Everybody freaks out over SurePost, but I never hear anything on here about mail innovations. That's what everybody should be worried about. Don't even have the option of a teamster delivering it
A few yellow bags here and there are one thing.... Millions of pkgs going to the post office to be delivered by them is a whole other thing....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
12x12x12 =1728 cubic inches that is the size limit.
I think the union is focusing on the size limits is a joke lets talk about 1% of pkgs oversized or 50% or more of pkgs that could be a proximity delivery sent out and delivered by us.... Proximity should mean more than just next door or the same stop...

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
I think the union is focusing on the size limits is a joke lets talk about 1% of pkgs oversized or 50% or more of pkgs that could be a proximity delivery sent out and delivered by us.... Proximity should mean more than just next door or the same stop...
I would agree. I love delivering to one of the PO on my route that delivers to my house, while I deliver a UPS package to my house....

By The Book

I think if we are driving on that street it should go on the truck. There is no close proximity as we are driving past their frickin front door!

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
Yes. That's why I say almost all in town packages should be coming to us. Chances are a driver is driving right by the stop.
Stops would be a hell of a lot tighter and it would definitely add teamster jobs as it would add a ton of stops (which is a good thing!) so you would need to have more drivers in loops.

opey

was told to give the post office whatever was supposed to be given to them, regardless of size. let them deal with it later