Surepost

UPSGUY72

The program that changes the local of the delivery for surepost package is based on forecasted packages for any giving day if it forecasted that there are multiple packages going to a address either multiple surepost or a combination or surepost and no surepost UPS will make the delivery. That being said all forecasted package don't always make it to the building on the day forecasted so some days you have only one surepost package that was suppose to be delivered to the Post office but instead is being delivered by UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I have a few questions. First is there a size and weight limit on surepost or just a weight limit? I delivered some plant boxes today that were 4 feet long or more.

Second what is your center doing about rural post offices? With the post office cuts we have many post offices now closing at noon. There is no way we are getting there for these. So some drivers just deliver them some drop it at the post office anyway and some sheet as closed.

I know we all complain that we should be delivering these packages anyway but here is my argument. The whole premise of surepost is a low cost option for customers. It saves ups money in rural areas by drivers cutting down on miles. Now if the customer isn't paying for a regular delivery I don't think we should deliver it. I want more stops and jobs but I also want ups to make money. I believe we likely lose money on almost all rural route surepost we deliver.

Also surepost packages are shipper release. We should either just leave them at the post office rear door or these rural post offices need some type of lock box for us to leave them in. This is just my opinion of course but I'm curious as to how other centers are handling this issue. I don't think ups has a specific method for this yet but will likely need one with all the post office cuts.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Here is a Surepost Pkg. left out in the rain by the post Office. I don't know why these Pkgs. just don't say Surepost instead of UPS surepost. It confuses the customers and makes Ups look bad when the Post Office screws up.

IMG_0522.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg