Surgery and time off pay?

NC man

I had recent surgery, only had to take sick days, then short term disability kicks in. Contact HCMP, they'll set you up with the proper paperwork. Dealing with the outside company for short term disability was a pain at first.

The only time you have to burn your vacation is for FMLA, some managers won't make you burn it, some will make you use all (but leave you one week, that's the policy)
Not for me, we had someone having surgery,not due to work accident. They said they had to use sick days then vacation which I thought was wrong. Asked guy who did have surgery ,work related ,and they used sick days then WC I think. I always thought you went on short term after sick days,of course I forgot about WC. OTJ injury vs outside work is the diff.

NC man

I thought family leave was unpaid unless you want to use vacation. They can’t make u burn vacation for family leave can they?

SmithBarney

Not for me, we had someone having surgery,not due to work accident. They said they had to use sick days then vacation which I thought was wrong. Asked guy who did have surgery ,work related ,and they used sick days then WC I think. I always thought you went on short term after sick days,of course I forgot about WC. OTJ injury vs outside work is the diff.
I see you are in NC, you probably have the same HCMP person that I do. The only other thing I recommend is scheduling your surgery after all your vacations... that is of course if your surgery can wait.

NC man

I see you are in NC, you probably have the same HCMP person that I do. The only other thing I recommend is scheduling your surgery after all your vacations... that is of course if your surgery can wait.
Not my surgery, a fellow employee was having it and said they had to use sick and vacation which sounded wrong but found out it’s different if home injury or otj

FX’D UP

Was out twice with meniscus tears not while on the job( out 5wks) had to use 5 sick days first than short term paid the rest (if full time). Also insurance was not paid weekly (fedEx) had to play catch up upon return on each paycheck.

NC man

Was out twice with meniscus tears not while on the job( out 5wks) had to use 5 sick days first than short term paid the rest (if full time). Also insurance was not paid weekly (fedEx) had to play catch up upon return on each paycheck.
So not otj but they didn’t make you burn vacation

Maui

They did not ,however it was 8 years ago, others above says that this has changed. Both times i was not at work,
You still should not if you go to ANY paid leave. STD for an at home injury is 1 week of PTO then paid leave if you qualify. That’s still correct.