Suspected Shadiness....

Undertow82

If you’re telling the whole story, and Stewart actually said to you “I can’t advise you what to do” all I can say is WOW
His exact words when I asked “am I doing the right thing by signing this?” I got multiple phone calls from other drivers after I left about how I picked the wrong “rep”. Obviously so.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
They want you to be 22.4 driver but they cant hire you yet aka you shown up too early (under). Center manager will call you at some point claiming to be able to pull some strings (his own) for this new job.

Don't do it good luck

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I guess I’ll start with why I left UPS. I was a cover driver, was driving almost daily even though not being full time. Was praised for consistently working “under” on the route I was running. Was switched to learn a new route, and low and behold a lady says I backed into her car in her driveway. I was unaware of this, because it didn’t happen. Anyway, came to work one day and was told I didn’t report an accident. Was told by center manager that the lady had a video but he hasn’t seen it, Yada Yada, you either resign or you’re fired. The Union Rep I had in the office with me gave zero advice and literally said “I can’t advise you on what to do”. So I resigned, not knowing that I wouldn’t be able to take it to panel to get my job back. (Never worked for a Union) Center manager said he didn’t want to fire me, I was one of the best employees, blah blah all the things they say to make you feel better.

Ok, fast forward a year. I get an email saying jobs were available for preload, literally the day after a “full year” was up (I resigned on July 11th and received an email on the 12th last week) I applied, entered my social security number, work history, then was invited for a tour/interview. Show up today for interview, say hi to my old boss who was super friendly, and told me to wait in the personnel office with everyone else. So when I’m called to give my ID and authorize them to do a background check, it suddenly pops up and says “previous employment negative rehire status” and all that. So basically Hr guy says that the Center Manager is the only one who can change a status and he conveniently “stepped out”. So I left, no interview or anything “but I’ll leave this app and a note” for him. So from everything I’ve read and experienced at UPS, why was I even able to apply originally with my social and work history if I wasn’t eligible for rehire? They knew I worked for the company before when my social ran through, for the initial application. Kind of makes me feel like they changed my status or something in the hour it took for my name to be called back by the HR Rep. I mean get the situation, and would understand had I been told outright “hey we can’t hire you back for so and so reasons”, but why waste their time having me come in and start the process for apparently no reason? Sounds weird to me.....
Lawsuit time. The so called video would have to be produced in discovery.

Why not fight since you were innocent ?

images-28.jpg

Undertow82

Lawsuit time. The so called video would have to be produced in discovery.

Why not fight since you were innocent ?

View attachment 202491
I’ve thought about that. Trust me. UPS is a billion dollar company, and it’s been a year but if they seriously just threw shade at me today, then I might look into it. The only issue is why I would have waited so long considering. I mean I’m not one to whine and “poor pitiful me” bs, but after today. The whole scenario just seems weird to me.

JackStraw

Shady as they may be, I don't think any center manager is going to risk getting charged with an accident without checking it out.An accident is a big hit on a center nowadays. You said they have the line of you(telematics) in the driveway so you WERE in the driveway. Perhaps you hit it and didn't feel it.

Undertow82

Shady as they may be, I don't think any center manager is going to risk getting charged with an accident without checking it out.An accident is a big hit on a center nowadays. You said they have the line of you(telematics) in the driveway so you WERE in the driveway. Perhaps you hit it and didn't feel it.
I’ve thought about that too. But how can something be reported if it’s not known?? I started driving during peak and had a guy scrap the side of the truck backing out of a parking space in a shopping center. I was inside delivering and the first thing I did was report it and everything was good. I wouldn’t risk my job over a DQ. I would suck it up and wait a year if I was at fault. I know UPS is guilty until proven innocent but damn.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We had a case in my center where telematics showed the truck right near a car that got hit. Only trouble was, the height of the bumper didn't match the damage on the car. Sorry, wasn't us.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ups is is retarded! You can be charged with an accident and fired when Ups can 100% prove you didn't hit anything. I've heard some ridiculous stories and wonder to myself why Ups would fire someone when they know they didn't have an accident. Bottom line is, Ups will do whatever they can to "protect the shield." You'll get fired and get your job back with back pay, but this :censored2: company will still go down that path.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ups is is retarded! You can be charged with an accident and fired when Ups can 100% prove you didn't hit anything. I've heard some ridiculous stories and wonder to myself why Ups would fire someone when they know they didn't have an accident. Bottom line is, Ups will do whatever they can to "protect the shield." You'll get fired and get your job back with back pay, but this :censored2: company will still go down that path.

You have no idea what you’re talking about

Rack em

Made the Podium
You have no idea what you’re talking about
I have first hand experience with this happening, so yes I do know what I'm talking about. I've been in the office and told I would be fired for an accident I could 100% prove I didn't have, luckily it didn't make it that far. 2 other drivers in my center have been fired under similar circumstances, job back with back pay.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sounds like improper respresentation to me. Go to your old local, talk to a BA on up to the local President. Tell them you chose to resign after receiving no represenation from your steward. It may be too late to do anything, but you might motivate them to take some action by asking if you should file a complaint with the nlrb. In general there's a two year time limit on filing a lawsuit, it couldn't hurt to talk to a lawyer.