Suspected Shadiness....

Undertow82

You resigned.
Nothing else can be done.
What part of resign don't you understand?

If you wanted to fight it you shouldn't have resigned.

End of discussion.
Aren’t you the nerd who sent me a message calling me a “window licker” and telling me to kill myself? Lol. Man I must have really hurt your feelings.

Undertow82

You must have huffed a lot of paint to think you have a case. The attorney won't help you
Eh. Also the fact the evidence was a picture of a dent, some telematics, and a video no one saw, the non existent union representation. He seems to think differently. We’ll see. Even it just makes their buttholes tighten for awhile, I’ll be happy.

Space8323

Eh. Also the fact the evidence was a picture of a dent, some telematics, and a video no one saw, the non existent union representation. He seems to think differently. We’ll see. Even it just makes their buttholes tighten for awhile, I’ll be happy.

All of that means nothing since you willingly opted to resign.

wayfair

swollen member
There was a guy in my building that banged a prostitute in back of the PC... she posted a pic on her website. He also had the choice to resign or be fired.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

some interesting points on this thread. Some of the cardinal sins are cut and dry such as failing a drug test or possession. But what level of proof is required for dishonesty or sexual harassment? What if a customer physically assaults you due to his/her issues and you simply try to defend yourself. I've had a customer come close to loosing it and I felt he was going to punch me, I talked him down, he was just having a really bad day and was an addict.

clean hairy

Did you write the resignation letter and sign it?
I have if you voluntarily resigned, how could an attorney fight it?
Always let the company fire, then it can be fought as wrongful termination.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I love how so many people on here think they know the law in your state better than an attorney. Smh. If the lawyer says you have no case, at least you know for sure. Even then it's worth getting a second opinion. Keep fighting the good fight.
He came here asking for it.

wayfair

swollen member
some interesting points on this thread. Some of the cardinal sins are cut and dry such as failing a drug test or possession. But what level of proof is required for dishonesty or sexual harassment? What if a customer physically assaults you due to his/her issues and you simply try to defend yourself. I've had a customer come close to loosing it and I felt he was going to punch me, I talked him down, he was just having a really bad day and was an addict.
My Center Manager said to protect your self, told me self defence was ok. I've had a few moments and they backed me up.

Space8323

There was a guy in my building that banged a prostitute in back of the PC... she posted a pic on her website. He also had the choice to resign or be fired.
I love how so many people on here think they know the law in your state better than an attorney. Smh. If the lawyer says you have no case, at least you know for sure. Even then it's worth getting a second opinion. Keep fighting the good fight.

To be fair, if I was a lawyer, I’d tell him that he had a case and should fight it too

IESucks

So I guess I’ll start with why I left UPS. I was a cover driver, was driving almost daily even though not being full time. Was praised for consistently working “under” on the route I was running. Was switched to learn a new route, and low and behold a lady says I backed into her car in her driveway. I was unaware of this, because it didn’t happen. Anyway, came to work one day and was told I didn’t report an accident. Was told by center manager that the lady had a video but he hasn’t seen it, Yada Yada, you either resign or you’re fired. The Union Rep I had in the office with me gave zero advice and literally said “I can’t advise you on what to do”. So I resigned, not knowing that I wouldn’t be able to take it to panel to get my job back. (Never worked for a Union) Center manager said he didn’t want to fire me, I was one of the best employees, blah blah all the things they say to make you feel better.

Ok, fast forward a year. I get an email saying jobs were available for preload, literally the day after a “full year” was up (I resigned on July 11th and received an email on the 12th last week) I applied, entered my social security number, work history, then was invited for a tour/interview. Show up today for interview, say hi to my old boss who was super friendly, and told me to wait in the personnel office with everyone else. So when I’m called to give my ID and authorize them to do a background check, it suddenly pops up and says “previous employment negative rehire status” and all that. So basically Hr guy says that the Center Manager is the only one who can change a status and he conveniently “stepped out”. So I left, no interview or anything “but I’ll leave this app and a note” for him. So from everything I’ve read and experienced at UPS, why was I even able to apply originally with my social and work history if I wasn’t eligible for rehire? They knew I worked for the company before when my social ran through, for the initial application. Kind of makes me feel like they changed my status or something in the hour it took for my name to be called back by the HR Rep. I mean get the situation, and would understand had I been told outright “hey we can’t hire you back for so and so reasons”, but why waste their time having me come in and start the process for apparently no reason? Sounds weird to me.....
Lol. And you couldn't ask the hr guy right in front of you all these questions ? Too funny