Suspected Shadiness....

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have first hand experience with this happening, so yes I do know what I'm talking about. I've been in the office and told I would be fired for an accident I could 100% prove I didn't have, luckily it didn't make it that far. 2 other drivers in my center have been fired under similar circumstances, job back with back pay.

Did you resign?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Did you resign?
Wasn't even an option, I was told because of how the contract reads I would be terminated even though I could prove I was 100% innocent. All because it came through as a concern through the computer so my center manager had to "do his job" per the contract because there was a paper trail. It's a joke.

El Correcto

god is dead
You hit the car so you didn’t challenge it. Then you resigned instead of letting them fire you, why not at least go for unemployment. I’d believe the steward part, I had one join in chastising me about over allowed and how they are going to fire me. I was shocked, will never sit down with that one again.

That’s if this story is real, which it wouldn’t be crazy or out of realm of possibility.

You pissed away a good opportunity running and gunning knowing it all. You should of picked people’s brains through out your time there on how to deal with management, 9.5ers generally give best advice. Not always but generally.

You need to assert yourself more in future careers or plan on being ran over much like you did to that ladies car.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wasn't even an option, I was told because of how the contract reads I would be terminated even though I could prove I was 100% innocent. All because it came through as a concern through the computer so my center manager had to "do his job" per the contract because there was a paper trail. It's a joke.

It’s always an option

Undertow82

You hit the car so you didn’t challenge it. Then you resigned instead of letting them fire you, why not at least go for unemployment. I’d believe the steward part, I had one join in chastising me about over allowed and how they are going to fire me. I was shocked, will never sit down with that one again.

That’s if this story is real, which it wouldn’t be crazy or out of realm of possibility.

You :censored2: away a good opportunity running and gunning knowing it all. You should of picked people’s brains through out your time there on how to deal with management, 9.5ers generally give best advice. Not always but generally.

You need to assert yourself more in future careers or plan on being ran over much like you did to that ladies car.
No, I told him I didn’t hit anything, hence why nothing was reported, he asked if I remembered the package, the size, I said no, i don’t remember every package’s size on a 150 stop day. No one will. I then explained how I wouldn’t risk my job over something stupid. The steward didn’t say a word about anything until I was getting to sign the resignation when I asked if I was doing the right thing. The only reason I resigned is I was under the impression I could fight a forced resignation, and if for some bull:censored2: reason I lost I would not have a termination on my record, as I’ve never been fired from any job. The only evidence was a supposed video the lady had, the telematics of me being in the driveway, and a picture of the quarter sized dent on the back corner panel of the vehicle. He also said the customer heard a boom and ran outside and saw me leaving, and I told him if she heard a “boom” then I would have felt a “boom”. And a boom would be bigger than a damn silver dollar.

specter208

No, I told him I didn’t hit anything, hence why nothing was reported, he asked if I remembered the package, the size, I said no, i don’t remember every package’s size on a 150 stop day. No one will. I then explained how I wouldn’t risk my job over something stupid. The steward didn’t say a word about anything until I was getting to sign the resignation when I asked if I was doing the right thing. The only reason I resigned is I was under the impression I could fight a forced resignation, and if for some bull:censored2: reason I lost I would not have a termination on my record, as I’ve never been fired from any job. The only evidence was a supposed video the lady had, the telematics of me being in the driveway, and a picture of the quarter sized dent on the back corner panel of the vehicle. He also said the customer heard a boom and ran outside and saw me leaving, and I told him if she heard a “boom” then I would have felt a “boom”. And a boom would be bigger than a damn silver dollar.
UPS is supposed to prove you are guilty.I believe They also should have gone through progressive discipline rather than choosing to discharge you immediately. I would go back to the union and try to seek legal support through them if you wish.

Rack em

Made the Podium
UPS is supposed to prove you are guilty.I believe They also should have gone through progressive discipline rather than choosing to discharge you immediately. I would go back to the union and try to seek legal support through them if you wish.
Failure to report an accident is a cardinal sin, Ups doesn't have to follow progressive discipline in such cases.

F

Frankie's Friend

Shady as they may be, I don't think any center manager is going to risk getting charged with an accident without checking it out.An accident is a big hit on a center nowadays. You said they have the line of you(telematics) in the driveway so you WERE in the driveway. Perhaps you hit it and didn't feel it.
Uh, news flash.

Google overlay does not match telematics. It's been proven wrong at least twice in two locals that I know of personally.

It cannot go unchallenged in usage against an employee.
End of story.

CitizenTruth

So I guess I’ll start with why I left UPS. I was a cover driver, was driving almost daily even though not being full time. Was praised for consistently working “under” on the route I was running. Was switched to learn a new route, and low and behold a lady says I backed into her car in her driveway. I was unaware of this, because it didn’t happen. Anyway, came to work one day and was told I didn’t report an accident. Was told by center manager that the lady had a video but he hasn’t seen it, Yada Yada, you either resign or you’re fired. The Union Rep I had in the office with me gave zero advice and literally said “I can’t advise you on what to do”. So I resigned, not knowing that I wouldn’t be able to take it to panel to get my job back. (Never worked for a Union) Center manager said he didn’t want to fire me, I was one of the best employees, blah blah all the things they say to make you feel better.

Ok, fast forward a year. I get an email saying jobs were available for preload, literally the day after a “full year” was up (I resigned on July 11th and received an email on the 12th last week) I applied, entered my social security number, work history, then was invited for a tour/interview. Show up today for interview, say hi to my old boss who was super friendly, and told me to wait in the personnel office with everyone else. So when I’m called to give my ID and authorize them to do a background check, it suddenly pops up and says “previous employment negative rehire status” and all that. So basically Hr guy says that the Center Manager is the only one who can change a status and he conveniently “stepped out”. So I left, no interview or anything “but I’ll leave this app and a note” for him. So from everything I’ve read and experienced at UPS, why was I even able to apply originally with my social and work history if I wasn’t eligible for rehire? They knew I worked for the company before when my social ran through, for the initial application. Kind of makes me feel like they changed my status or something in the hour it took for my name to be called back by the HR Rep. I mean get the situation, and would understand had I been told outright “hey we can’t hire you back for so and so reasons”, but why waste their time having me come in and start the process for apparently no reason? Sounds weird to me.....
Shame on union rep

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Uh, news flash.

Google overlay does not match telematics. It's been proven wrong at least twice in two locals that I know of personally.

It cannot go unchallenged in usage against an employee.
End of story.

All the tele data is useful for is to show he was in the area, it’s not terribly accurate.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Why not take a look at the “supposed video” ?

wayfair

swollen member
Is that stated anywhere? For legal purposes.
(a) Dishonesty;
(b) Drinking of or under the influence of alcoholic beverages or narcotics during the workday;
(c) Personal possession or the use of drugs, marijuana or L.S.D. during the work day;
(d) Gross negligence resulting in a serious accident as defined in Article 18.
(e) The carrying of unauthorized passengers while on the job;
(friend) Failure to report an accident;
(g) A runaway accident;
(h) Sexual harassment;
(i) Fighting on the job.

Space8323

Once you signed that paper to resign it was a wrap for your time at UPS. Can’t call back and be like “I changed my mind, I’m fighting it now.”