Suspended For Making "Divisive Comments"

SmithBarney

They'll follow their disciplinary policy. An at-will termination with a company of this size and a disciplinary policy that thorough and detailed is a losing lawsuit waiting to happen. That's assuming it survives a GFT, which would be nearly impossible.
I've seen quite a few folks walked out of at-will locations, never to be heard from again. No reasons given for termination, no parting gifts, just bu-bye. It happens.

Oldfart

It is just like a courier that keeps having non-preventable accidents. If he keeps it up long enough something is gonna happen that won't go his way. We had a guy like that. I bet he had 5 or so in 10 years. All ruled non-preventable. It finally caught up with him and once he tried to outrun that train and lost, he was terminated even though that was his first preventable. His history came back to bite him.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I've seen quite a few folks walked out of at-will locations, never to be heard from again. No reasons given for termination, no parting gifts, just bu-bye. It happens.

You're not supposed to be given a reason for another employee's termination or any other form of discipline.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It is just like a courier that keeps having non-preventable accidents. If he keeps it up long enough something is gonna happen that won't go his way. We had a guy like that. I bet he had 5 or so in 10 years. All ruled non-preventable. It finally caught up with him and once he tried to outrun that train and lost, he was terminated even though that was his first preventable. His history came back to bite him.

That's an offense subject to termination regardless of history.

Oldfart

How do you extract your lips from your boss long enough to memorize the manual? Doesn't your tongue grow tired after a while?