Suspended For Making "Divisive Comments"

floridays

Why would it be removed?
Why wouldn't it, if an employee did no wrong there is no need for a record. Since a record is kept with no wrong doing involved it becomes part of the employee record pertaining to future alleged infractions. If a record is kept it is a form of discipline.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Why wouldn't it, if an employee did no wrong there is no need for a record. Since a record is kept with no wrong doing involved it becomes part of the employee record pertaining to future alleged infractions. If a record is kept it is a form of discipline.

You think a record that states an investigation was completed and you were found to have done nothing wrong is a form of discipline? ON WHAT PLANET?

floridays

You think a record that states an investigation was completed and you were found to have done nothing wrong is a form of discipline? ON WHAT PLANET?
Then expunge it from an employees record. If left in the record it will be used, if a future disciplinary assessment occurs. I'm not an idiot buddy. If it is decided an employee was not at fault why keep a record? In fedex's mind everything is an occurrence forming in their mind a pattern. You're smarter than that buddy.

Oldfart

Then expunge it from an employees record. If left in the record it will be used, if a future disciplinary assessment occurs. I'm not an idiot buddy. If it is decided an employee was not at fault why keep a record? In fedex's mind everything is an occurrence forming in their mind a pattern. You're smarter than that buddy.
You must be new here. No he isn't.

Bingo

I just found out I’ll be suspended for three days with pay. Supposedly, according to “unbiased” witnesses, I was pointing at known Trump supports when I made the comment (a complete fabrication). Since it’s with pay, I’m not going to bother with the GFT. What’s the point of suspending somebody with pay? This company is completely :censored2:ed up.
Actually being suspended with pay is bad- When you suspended without pay that is normally the final outcome-when they do it with pay it means they are still thinking what to do with you- remember freedom of speech is ok in your personal time off but not at work

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So, I was sent home today for making comments about the rumored indictments being brought against Trump's campaign managers (presumably) during stretch-and-flex.

My exact comment was "I see the universe is about to throw out those un-American pieces of trash."

After the sort, the senior (not sure why she was even there on a Saturday) came up to me and asked why I made such comments. I replied that I'm always right about everything, and I predicted months ago that the indictments would happen - many employees think the collusion theories are "fake news." Well, guess what hoople-heads -the "fake news" defense doesn't work when the feds are breathing down your neck.

She said my comments were divisive and sent me home (it was hinted that I may be terminated).

If I'm terminated, what are the odds that I will successfully GFT the decision?

Some background: The senior is a lesbian, and her girlfriend has openly remarked in the past of how good looking I am during company events (bowling, picnics etc). The senior has not taken this well (other employees can substantiate this claim).

What do you think? Would they dare fire me? I would hate to lose out on the benefits package that Fedex offers - I think it's pretty great working for the company.
The Union will protect you, don't worry.

59 Dano

How can something that exonerates you be held against you?

I can't argue with black helicopter nonsense :::shrug:::

floridays

How will a pattern of you not doing things wrong be held against you? This is as bad as "Hire a lawyer to dispute an OLCC."
It's not a pattern of "not doing things wrong. It's a pattern of "We have to adjudicate to many matters with this person, he's not worth the time, or associated costs." Exonerated or not costs the company time, lost resources and paid suspensions for no production.

SmithBarney

It's not a pattern of "not doing things wrong. It's a pattern of "We have to adjudicate to many matters with this person, he's not worth the time, or associated costs." Exonerated or not costs the company time, lost resources and paid suspensions for no production.
You are in a right to work state(unless your FL name is not accurate) so it really doesn't matter what your "record" shows. If FDX wants you gone for whatever reason, they can just say "BYE" with NO REASON... Just keep working, and enjoy your time till your fired.

59 Dano

Either you're just making up silliness for the sake of being argumentative or you have so much foil on your head that Alcoa is mandating OT for production workers. They don't get rid of people for having too many matters to adjudicate. If an employee is doing too many things wrong, they might, if there's no possible way to avoid it, follow the process that's in place and eventually get rid of that employee.

If there are too many matters to adjudicate and the employee isn't doing things wrong, HIS MANAGER will be facing heat for having so many matters that need to be adjudicated with this employee who isn't doing anything wrong.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Either you're just making up silliness for the sake of being argumentative or you have so much foil on your head that Alcoa is mandating OT for production workers. They don't get rid of people for having too many matters to adjudicate. If an employee is doing too many things wrong, they might, if there's no possible way to avoid it, follow the process that's in place and eventually get rid of that employee.

If there are too many matters to adjudicate and the employee isn't doing things wrong, HIS MANAGER will be facing heat for having so many matters that need to be adjudicated with this employee who isn't doing anything wrong.
you are suspended for this comment

59 Dano

You are in a right to work state(unless your FL name is not accurate) so it really doesn't matter what your "record" shows. If FDX wants you gone for whatever reason, they can just say "BYE" with NO REASON... Just keep working, and enjoy your time till your fired.

They'll follow their disciplinary policy. An at-will termination with a company of this size and a disciplinary policy that thorough and detailed is a losing lawsuit waiting to happen. That's assuming it survives a GFT, which would be nearly impossible.