Suspension letter !

542thruNthru

Not a excuse , * happens
It does and that's why you started with a verbal and then a warning letter.

We get paid by the hour. If you have to, stack everything by 5s or don't let the customer touch packages until you are sure each one has been scanned.

UPS takes package visibility seriously because it's what they promise customers. You might want to change your attitude about it and take it more seriously also or you may find yourself facing termination.

Last One In

No offense, but how long have you been a RPCD? As you scan, the package count goes down until you zero out. If it doesnt hit zero go back and scan them all. I delivered to a Barnes and Noble for years that got 80 to 150 boxes of books a day. If I missed one I went back and rescanned them all. That's what we get paid to do. If it took a few minutes so be it. Solves the problem of the verbal warning, write-up, and, finally, the suspension which is how it works in my center.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
i'm in a hub with several centers and my truck is on a different centers belt than my own. i get misloads nearly every day from another city 10+ miles away. my route is also averaging 200+ stops per day and over 350 pkgs so they have a habit of taking stops off my truck at the last minute because 350 don't fit on an old short box diesel, so every day i have a list of stops that i don't have packages for. today i sent in the first couple, then the next, then another, then they started piling up so i just waited and called my sup when i was finished and told him i had a bunch.

"how much is a bunch?"

looks like 13 stops, 17 pkgs

"future them all for tomorrow"

myback

Yes , I had a total of 4 no scans in 2 months . Manage ask me about one in November (verbal) then gave me a warning letter about two weeks ago . And it finally came down to the suspension..
They ask me to check to see if the company received the packages on each occasion and they all got delivered .. UPS got paid at the end of the day that’s all that Matters right . It’s kind of like having a driver follow we miss deliver something the next day we verify . With no consequences . I don’t understand how they can pick and choose what to discipline about
Peak is over, management is bored, here comes the heavy supervision

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Like you missed the scan or you just didn't have the package in your car? Always message in from the location when you can't find a package. If you just don't have it and you message in you are covered. Otherwise you need to do better about scanning. Slow down and take the earbud out so you can hear it.
Do you really send a message every time you can’t find something? I would be sending a message at every other business stop some days if I did that.