Suspension letter !

newbie777

You can but it will probably go no where. Slide your packages in rows of 5. 1 no scan every 2-months isn't bad... 4 is quite a bit.

Then once back after committing you'll do better. Buy NGA & SBE and stay long.

CVS too.... Karen takes over Feb. 1st and we know how well Carol did here at UPS on June 1st.

Stick with CRAMER! 😊
I have a no scan almost every day....

35years

Gravy route
By the way the actual correct method at a bulk stop is to unload all the boxes first before scanning, lining up in rows, labels scannable.

Count packages while unloading, matching diad count, checking for correct address and don't allow customer to touch.

When all packages are lined up, scan down each row. Verify every scan number disappears out of diad list, and count is correct.

If Diad says you are missing scan or scans, scan then all again, mindful of call tags. If still missing a scan, and your physical count of the boxes matches the the number you are supposed to have, re-check the physical labels for correct address. There may be one that didn't beep as not belonging to the stop because preload missed the scan, or you boss planted it. Check the load for the missing box.

Send in a message that you are missing a box for that add. Also use the not found function to remove from Diad.

Deliver and scan the box if found later.

I had a really bad loader a few years ago. I would average 3 boxes missing a day. Usually he would scan boxes and stack behind the trucks when behind. He would later load them, often in the wrong truck.

Preload scan to proper truck doesn't mean it was loaded in the correct truck. And bulk stops are the most likely misload.

Grieve it. And start double checking your scans.

takesteady

The customer received the package as he stated. If the customer received it and there was no scan saying it was delivered and he was the only driver to go there. Then he didn't scan it.
Out of curiosity, how it can be proved that there wasn’t a glitch/error with the scanner or that the customer wasn’t mistaken/lying for some nefarious purpose for example?
Forgive my ignorance on this topic, but I thought reasons like this were why there are protections in our contract against being disciplined for technology related reasons.

preloaders scan the trucks at my facility so they know what’s “on” the truck plus they had me go back to verify if they received the packages so there was no technology problem besides me missing a scan .This is not the only new topic in our building , I believe they are trying to replace some of us with the new combination drivers to save some $ but slow and steady wins the race so from here on out I’m gonna take my time on scanning all my bulk stops and Deal with being in the office for over —allowed.

Out of curiosity, how it can be proved that there wasn’t a glitch/error with the scanner or that the customer wasn’t mistaken/lying for some nefarious purpose for example?
Forgive my ignorance on this topic, but I thought reasons like this were why there are protections in our contract against being disciplined for technology related reasons.
We are protected when it comes telematics, so they cant use anything that’s rigged up in our trucks that they visually didn’t see such as Seatbelt , bulkhead door , any performance numbers such as how long it takes u to deliver a package. If they want to grill u on that they will have to get out the office and follow u on your rout to discipline on those things

Whither

Scofflaw
We have them here and the pre load supes do all the scanning and stack out the load then the pre loader comes along and mis loads anyway.
Yup. It seemed like last fall every single Monday I'd be missing at least a couple 1 piece resi deliveries. Not bulk stops. I report them every time by habit, and on the rare occasions when I found the pkg later, circle back to deliver it. But the pkgs I didn't find always showed up as 'no scans'. "Guys, do you really think I'm dropping off a 1 piece resi delivery without a scan?" "The pkg was scanned to your car." 9 times out of 10 it was on my car the next day -- sometimes service crossed as missed by a driver from another center. I've had a few that didn't show up until a few days later with the original PAL still visible.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
My RDR stop has about 80 -130 pieces everyday , it’s kind of hard to not do . I’m human I’m not perfect

I have a similarly sized bulk stop.

1) slow down. I scan 3 at a time before placing them on the dock. I take forever at that stop and they know it.
2) Never let the dock workers help you until after you've scanned the packages you want them to take
3) Count every package in your mind as you scan them.

Overpaid Union Thug

Though I agree with anyone that has stated the OP needs to make sure they scan each and every package, I also find it ironic that a company, that we all know is dishonest to the core, has the nerve to initiate suspension/termination efforts against employees for making mistakes.While completely ignoring the blatant disregard for methods by drivers, and they know who they are, that produce good numbers on their operational reports.

542thruNthru

You're are right and wrong. Article 6.6 protects you against GPS, telematics and any system that comes after it that tracks your movements.
sketch-1610725626067.jpg

We are protected when it comes telematics, so they cant use anything that’s rigged up in our trucks that they visually didn’t see such as Seatbelt , bulkhead door , any performance numbers such as how long it takes u to deliver a package. If they want to grill u on that they will have to get out the office and follow u on your rout to discipline on those things

You are protected from being discharged based solely from information technology. You can be disciplined.

Either way notice the last green highlight. The customer/preloader scan would be corroberating evidence that you did not scan it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You're are right and wrong. Article 6.6 protects you against GPS, telematics and any system that comes after it that tracks your movements.
View attachment 324890

You are protected from being discharged based solely from information technology. You can be disciplined.

Either way notice the last green highlight. The customer/preloader scan would be corroberating evidence that you did not scan it.
With the caveat that all that protection goes out the window if they are accusing you of dishonesty.

Spanky250

My RDR stop has about 80 -130 pieces everyday , it’s kind of hard to not do . I’m human I’m not perfect
You're kidding, right?

I deliver multiple bulk stops. During spring training the stadium alone will get 200-300 pieces a day. And I don't think I've ever not scanned a package if it was physically in my truck. You seriously need to work on your methods and pay attention to what you're doing.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How do they get away with doing that?
Most of the preload asks for help everyday and supervisors “help”. No one files because they want the help. We also average about 30-50 call outs per day on preload so the company stance is that if everyone showed up they wouldn’t have to use supervisors.