Suspension letter !

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
of course you can. go to your shop steward and get a fat stack of grievance forms to take home, and then fill in the boxes that are constant like your name and address so they're ready to go at a moment's notice. you can write a grievance on anything, doesn't mean it will work but it might. worst case it's tossed by your steward or the union agent, but there's no penalty there to you. of course it's better if you got an argument and if it's a spelled out violation of the contract. grieve everything, if they're hassling you make there be a record of it. there's about a 90% chance that you're going to end up with them going at you sometime before you leave. better to get in some sparring sessions before the big fight, and show them that you're not going to just take whatever crap they give you.

ManInBrown

From now on make sure you scan every single package no matter what! If it takes you an extra 30min per stop who cares, you are working as directed. Pretty soon they will ask you why your over allowed is through the roof and you can tell them it's because you have to make sure every package is scanned because they decided to discipline you for petty *. Make them regret giving you a warning letter ;)
This. Every little petty thing they do, make them regret it. I used to be in the office everyday for doing stuff that runners do, and nobody cared when they did it. That’s what happens when you bury them in 9.5 grievances. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve unloaded an entire package car out onto a street looking for a NDA I couldn’t find. Pouring rain, snow. Didn’t matter. I had an air one day that I couldn’t find, and had a 75 piece ground bulk stop taking up the entire truck. So I went and delivered it, found the air and went back and delivered it. Was in the office the next day, center manager flippping out that now he’s never going to hear the end of it because I delivered a ground package before all airs were off. OK. So what I did was I spent a good 60-75 minutes unloading the entire truck out on the street anytime I couldn’t find an air. You gotta play their games. Use it against them. Its No fun unloading 350 packages out onto the street in the pouring rain looking for one, but if that’s what you gotta do, that’s what you gotta do. 38 bucks an hour.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I used to put 20/30 up on dock then scan , found out a guy was taking them before I scanned ,, I spoke to them and they denied , so then I started going there 5 mins before they closed and scanned them all inside the car ,, ffffffffffff. Them !! End of problem

quad decade guy

This. Every little petty thing they do, make them regret it. I used to be in the office everyday for doing stuff that runners do, and nobody cared when they did it. That’s what happens when you bury them in 9.5 grievances. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve unloaded an entire package car out onto a street looking for a NDA I couldn’t find. Pouring rain, snow. Didn’t matter. I had an air one day that I couldn’t find, and had a 75 piece ground bulk stop taking up the entire truck. So I went and delivered it, found the air and went back and delivered it. Was in the office the next day, center manager flippping out that now he’s never going to hear the end of it because I delivered a ground package before all airs were off. OK. So what I did was I spent a good 60-75 minutes unloading the entire truck out on the street anytime I couldn’t find an air. You gotta play their games. Use it against them. Its No fun unloading 350 packages out onto the street in the pouring rain looking for one, but if that’s what you gotta do, that’s what you gotta do. 38 bucks an hour.
Yep....work as directed. Never go wrong....except when they ask you to do something illegal. Then, call everyone including the law.

Now, when I know they are making a very bad decision that will really screw things up...I ALWAYS ask them "are you sure you want me to do this?"

It is interesting how wound up they get when you don't answer your personal cell phone...

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I got a warning letter over a no scan also. I was LIVID, because I knew for a FACT that package wasn't on my car. It was a stop with 6 pieces, and I clearly remembered having 3 for the first suite, and 2 for the second, and 1 was missing. When I was totally done delivering, nothing was left.

I went to the OMS and asked them to track the package the next day, because it wasn't on my car again. It showed a 'loaded on car' scan at around 7am, then a destination scan at 8:52am the same day. Huh??!! If it got a destination scan AFTER a loaded on car scan that means it somehow was taken off my truck and put back into the system. And since we left the building around 9am I know it couldn't have made it around the belt and back on to my car in 8 minutes. I informed our BA and he showed me that he had already filed a grievance on my behalf.

Long story short, smart scan is NOT is a foolproof way of determining if a package is on car. Because of that it should NOT be used as the basis for any disciplinary measures.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I wish there was a way I could somehow...

In the diad...

Whilst at the stop...

After touching everything...

Notify that it's not on my PC.

To cover myself.

Nevermind....

tech209

Slow down and scan every single package and if not sure scan that package again if needed be.....

when they have me run a wally I got a bank stop that has 1,000 plus pieces of NDA and I’m their for at least 1-1/2 hours just to make sure everything got scanned

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My largest bulk stop has multiple addresses going to one stop, and everything is under the same hin. The workers have so many deliveries that coming in that they have to sort everything as it is put on the dock or they become hopelessly backed up, so I scan each individual package as I unload it. They are really cool though, and will work with me on missed scans. They scan the packages into their own system, always going for the 1z, but sometimes missing and hitting the zip code.

If I'm missing something I check my count against theirs. If that is off, they print out their scan report and I check that. If I see the tracking number on there, I do a "find barcode" and then stop complete. More often than not the package is either on the wrong truck, or loaded some random place on my car. Every once in a while I will miss a package. Sometimes when I do, I think it's because it's a package for another address that goes to this warehouse, and when it asks if I'm sure I want to add it, my fat fingers hit the "no" key on accident.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Received a suspension letter because of like 4 no scans in last 2 months at bulk stops . Can I grieve it ?
Yes! 2 Grieavens to preload Missloads and intimidation. I bet you didn't count the 347packages before you closed your door as per leaving the building and also didn't sing for it!
Received a suspension letter because of like 4 no scans in last 2 months at bulk stops . Can I grieve it ?
So if you're working in Mcdonald's and GUMBY is your supervisor and he gives you $500 to start working on your register, I bet you will count the money first before you do so?
1611425051407.png

Last edited:

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I wish there was a way I could somehow...

In the diad...

Whilst at the stop...

After touching everything...

Notify that it's not on my PC.

To cover myself.

Nevermind....
1st off, I find it's not accurate to say it's not on car while at the stop if the PC is still quite full. As I found many times, sometimes the preloader has misplaced a piece or two of a bulk stop in a totally wrong location and you find it later.

At my center they've asked us to stop sending in messages and instead record our 'not on cars' in a notebook at the center when we get back. I logged the same no scan I got written up for in the notebook. However since it was smart scanned to my car they said it HAD to be on my car so it didn't matter me writing it down.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
1st off, I find it's not accurate to say it's not on car while at the stop if the PC is still quite full. As I found many times, sometimes the preloader has misplaced a piece or two of a bulk stop in a totally wrong location and you find it later.

At my center they've asked us to stop sending in messages and instead record our 'not on cars' in a notebook at the center when we get back. I logged the same no scan I got written up for in the notebook. However since it was smart scanned to my car they said it HAD to be on my car so it didn't matter me writing it down.
All that is good...

But in your haste to try and quote me...

You failed to thoroughly read it.

If it still stumps you...

Line 4.

Good luck.