Suspension Letters Come Certified Mail?

Notretiredyet

Denying receipt isn't gonna help the problem, filing a grievance might. It will also put the suspension on hold till grievance is heard. Talk with your steward and/or BA about filing on this ASAP.

novadriver

Denying receipt isn't gonna help the problem, filing a grievance might. It will also put the suspension on hold till grievance is heard. Talk with your steward and/or BA about filing on this ASAP.
I filed grievance same day, steward said just put unjust suspension under article 37 i think it was. Should I have elaborated?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes you can. I do it whenever I screw up and hit the wrong button. Its been a while though.
The only thing you can do is void the packages and then resheet them as a duplicate stop which is what they were telling us to do for a while in that situation, until they decided that was dishonest and started giving warning letters for doing that to the same people who had been told to do it that way.... Really your best move is to just call the center when you make a mistake and ask them what they want you to do.

BrownArmy

Void the package and resheet, never had a problem in my center.

In fact, one or the other busy-body in the office will send a message saying to do just that.

If it's EC it really shouldn't matter one way or another, but you know, damned if you do what they tell you, damned if you do what the other person tells you.

Notretiredyet

If grievance has been filed letter in mail is just a formality. Go to work on your next scheduled day. Suspension on hold till results of hearing, call BA and make sure grievance has been filed. You should have been given a copy at time of filing, at least in this area.

Overpaid Union Thug

The only thing you can do is void the packages and then resheet them as a duplicate stop which is what they were telling us to do for a while in that situation, until they decided that was dishonest and started giving warning letters for doing that to the same people who had been told to do it that way.... Really your best move is to just call the center when you make a mistake and ask them what they want you to do.
No need to call the center. Our sups would rather us correct an honest mistake than have to answer for a bogus late saver. With telematics and GPS it would be silly to discipline a driver in that situation. Its the ones that void and edit to hide (defraud) an actual late saver that need to worry.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a missed scan for our local MBE store yesterday. When I went back for the pickup I asked them to check their log to see if I had delivered it, which I had. When I went to sheet it using Find BC I was surprised when I went to complete the stop I was asked for the reason for the late air (it was a saver). While it would have been tempting to have edited the stop and closed it out as residential to avoid the late I did the right thing and closed it out as commercial and then sent a message letting them know what happened.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Fat cold fingers. You can't edit that kind of thing anymore. Once you hit it, there is no going back.
Yes, you can fix it. You have to go back in through edit, write down the whole tracking number, re enter it in board, get it resigned, then hit resi, void the other.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No need to call the center. Our sups would rather us correct an honest mistake than have to answer for a bogus late saver. With telematics and GPS it would be silly to discipline a driver in that situation. Its the ones that void and edit to hide (defraud) an actual late saver that need to worry.
Yeah, that's we thought after we were told in a pcm to use void/resheet to fix that specific problem. One year later, different center manager, and a driver gets a warning letter for doing that because apparently it raises a red flag in the system. I mean if you're comfortable doing it that way you're probably OK, you know your own center and how they operate and yeah 9 times out of 10 we would call it in and they would tell us to void/resheet. I just got to the point where I stopped making my own decisions about stuff like that, anytime I made an honest mistake I would call the center and say 'What do ya want me to do here?".