Suspension With Pay

falcon back

2 plus 2 equals 4 another white lie
R.jpg

Meat

Black people commit the majority of murders & robberies. Chart is straight from the FBI. So maybe they’re not the leaders in all violent crime, just the worst one. Idk why you’re focusing so hard on this when it wasn’t even the point lol. Nevertheless the percentage of blacks committing crimes is still higher than whites. Says something about the culture.

To refer to “black culture” without addressing disproportional poverty rates is ludicrous.

Are middle-class and above black folks increasing these stats?

It’s universally accepted that poverty begets crime (if I’m not mistaken the majority of all crime in NY comes from three neighborhoods).

Using a blanket term such as “black culture” without referring to socioeconomic gradations makes me think that a lot of posters on these boards are the “all black people have rhythm” variety.

Aquaman

To refer to “black culture” without addressing disproportional poverty rates is ludicrous.

It’s universally accepted that poverty begets crime (if I’m not mistaken the majority of all crime in NY comes from three neighborhoods).

Using a blanket term such as “black culture” without referring to socioeconomic gradations makes me think that a lot of posters on these boards are the “all black people have rhythm” variety.
If you’re poor... it’s your own fault. You’re responsible for your own life. Any head start comes from your parents. If you don’t get one, gotta work harder. White people have literally nothing to do with poor black communities. They probably wouldn’t even let us have anything to do with their communities.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
You are Swanson. Nice little second account you started here so you can agree with yourself. Talk about desperate.
Yes in addition to being retired at fed ex Falcon moonlights between golf games and fishing trips as a loader at ups🤣🤣

Meat

If you’re poor... it’s your own fault. You’re responsible for your own life. Any head start comes from your parents. If you don’t get one, gotta work harder. White people have literally nothing to do with poor black communities. They probably wouldn’t even let us have anything to do with their communities.

There’s a reason why you have a seven percent chance at moving to the top economic quintile if you are born in the bottom quintile.

An example from my youth: Two of my female friends got knocked up in high school - one rich, one poor.

The rich girl’s mistake had no lasting effect whatsoever, as her parents supported her and her child while she went to school (tuition also paid for by her parents).

The poor girl made a valiant effort to try and get an education, but eventually she had to take wherever job she could to support her child; and as far as I know, she never was able to fully recover from her youthful mistake.

Your background doesn’t always determine who you are, but statistically it is more likely than not that it does.

Aquaman

There’s a reason why you have a seven percent chance at moving to the top economic quintile if you are born in the bottom quintile.

An example from my youth: Two of my female friends got knocked up in high school - one rich, one poor.

The rich girl’s mistake had no lasting effect whatsoever, as her parents supported her and her child while she went to school (tuition also paid for by her parents).

The poor girl made a valiant effort to try and get an education, but eventually she had to take wherever job she could to support her child; and as far as I know, she never was able to fully recover from her youthful mistake.

Your background doesn’t always determine who you are, but statistically it is more likely than not that it does.
And what was the major factor in your story?..... parents.

Aquaman

Socioeconomic background, Einstein.
Poor parents, 1 parent, no parents. Sooner or later someone has to break the chain and graduate, make money, raise a family, and move out of the bad areas. If nobody in the family line ever makes a change, well that’s just the way it is. I’m not in favor of giving those people cash so they can stay in the crap area, not graduate, continue to do drugs, and maybe just drive a 2021 Telluride lol. Money in the bank won’t get your kids better friends, won’t make you care to help them with their homework. Won’t make you get on birth control. There is no worse idea in this country than checks in the mail.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

It’s universally accepted that poverty begets crime
If poverty were explanation for crime, the crimes rates 60 years ago when poverty rates were nearly 25% would dwarf the crime rates of today. To argue that poverty begets crime is to admit that you haven't looked at the data.

The opposite -crime causes poverty- is the reality.

You're conflating the two.

One would be talking about the inherent traits of person based on his race. One is talking about the overall collective attitudes, beliefs, customs, traditions, norms, etc. of a group as a whole.

MAKAVELI

Poor parents, 1 parent, no parents. Sooner or later someone has to break the chain and graduate, make money, raise a family, and move out of the bad areas. If nobody in the family line ever makes a change, well that’s just the way it is. I’m not in favor of giving those people cash so they can stay in the crap area, not graduate, continue to do drugs, and maybe just drive a 2021 Telluride lol. Money in the bank won’t get your kids better friends, won’t make you care to help them with their homework. Won’t make you get on birth control. There is no worse idea in this country than checks in the mail.
Same vicious cycle with white culture. Ttku son....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Socioeconomic background, Einstein.

I know a lot of people from poor families who went to college and graduated with people who came from rich families. Most college students aren't single parents, so I don't know why you're using that scenario as it is an outlier.

floridays

I know a lot of people from poor families who went to college and graduated with people who came from rich families. Most college students aren't single parents, so I don't know why you're using that scenario as it is an outlier.
Still waiting on your citation.

I was gonna let you off the hook, but not so much now.

Just claim uncle, say none exists and we are through.

Over and done.

That simple.