Switching Contractor

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why cuz I'm covered in tattoos I don't see how tattoos have anything to do with my work ability it's a conversation piece get a lot of customers ask me about my tattoos and I've been downgraded for my tattoos never buy a customer though only by people like this I'm pretty sure if I wanted to go to UPS and drive wouldn't have no issue if anything you guys are short brown shorts to show off more my tattoos

Like I said you should probably stay with FedEx i

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, I see drivers switching contractors or service areas all the time. Mainly to work closer to home . Or to get better pay or be a recognized asset to their subcontractor group.

so they can go straight home instead of wasting an hour going back to the terminal, then another hour commute home.

I've also seen others setup to fail on certain routes, poor equipment, no hand trucks for the oversized iCs, failure to pay them properly for the stop count/ daily rate/ rescues, late dispatch , etc... so they move on to better run routes /management.

Yes, I've seen good and bad drivers, but they all should know it's just a paycheck, nothing more. Sure, they're now stepping up their benefits game since amazon dsps are doing it... it all depends on the subcontractor you're with.

I still don't want ground routes; I like coming in later to clean up the overflow. I'll usually give the businesses to one route driver that can meet their closing times. Then I'll sweep up the residential and 999s and formerly dex 002s since no time limit is imposed, just drop n run.

I'll do hear some of them say, stay away from OrioN, he's mine; I own him :P

bacha29

Yeah, I see drivers switching contractors or service areas all the time. Mainly to work closer to home . Or to get better pay or be a recognized asset to their subcontractor group.

so they can go straight home instead of wasting an hour going back to the terminal, then another hour commute home.

I've also seen others setup to fail on certain routes, poor equipment, no hand trucks for the oversized iCs, failure to pay them properly for the stop count/ daily rate/ rescues, late dispatch , etc... so they move on to better run routes /management.

Yes, I've seen good and bad drivers, but they all should know it's just a paycheck, nothing more. Sure, they're now stepping up their benefits game since amazon dsps are doing it... it all depends on the subcontractor you're with.

I still don't want ground routes; I like coming in later to clean up the overflow. I'll usually give the businesses to one route driver that can meet their closing times. Then I'll sweep up the residential and 999s and formerly dex 002s since no time limit is imposed, just drop n run.

I'll do hear some of them say, stay away from OrioN, he's mine; I own him :P
Still able to take your truck home at the end of the day? Now that Ground and HD are fully integrated many drivers who were once exclusively HD have to bring their trucks back to the barn . So in the past when home was just a few minutes away from their last stop they found themselves having to bring their trucks back then head back home adding well over an hour to their day along with commuting with their own vehicles.

For many when they had to start doing it that way.....that was the last you saw of them.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Still able to take your truck home at the end of the day? Now that Ground and HD are fully integrated many drivers who were once exclusively HD have to bring their trucks back to the barn . So in the past when home was just a few minutes away from their last stop they found themselves having to bring their trucks back then head back home adding well over an hour to their day along with commuting with their own vehicles.

For many when they had to start doing it that way.....that was the last you saw of them.
yup, A handful of HD drivers still do go straight home. Most of the HD pickups are resis returns anyways and they'll let it slide until the next morning.

like I said for this particular terminal, there are ground routes and HD routes.

Since I'm near the terminal, I can swing by and sweep some pickups, then unload them at the terminal... go fuel up for tomorrow and go straight home with it.

If you're ground in bigger p1000s + and many pickup pieces, they haveta bring it in daily & dock it.

Depends on the subcontractor to pay a tad more for them, but pickups are still more important than deliveries, yas?

bacha29

His comments are meant to be derogatory. He thinks he’s better than the average FedEx driver because he works for UPS. He’s a small sad man that needs this belief to keep from suicide. It’s best to let him have it.
But he's being paid far more perhaps nearly double what you're paying your people to do the same work.....So what does that say about you?....Oh that's right. You're that independent businessman who" knows how to build a business"...LOL...yeah right.

bacha29

Why cuz I'm covered in tattoos I don't see how tattoos have anything to do with my work ability it's a conversation piece get a lot of customers ask me about my tattoos and I've been downgraded for my tattoos never buy a customer though only by people like this I'm pretty sure if I wanted to go to UPS and drive wouldn't have no issue if anything you guys are short brown shorts to show off more my tattoos
UPS has made it clear right from the get go that they will not hire anybody with body piercings and or tattoos that cannot be covered up with clothing.

While indications are that you would make a fine UPS box hog that ink and metal is costing you at least $25,000 a year in gross earnings along with a top of the line health insurance plan plan and defined benefit pension....Was it worth it?

bacha29

yup, A handful of HD drivers still do go straight home. Most of the HD pickups are resis returns anyways and they'll let it slide until the next morning.

like I said for this particular terminal, there are ground routes and HD routes.

Since I'm near the terminal, I can swing by and sweep some pickups, then unload them at the terminal... go fuel up for tomorrow and go straight home with it.

If you're ground in bigger p1000s + and many pickup pieces, they haveta bring it in daily & dock it.

Depends on the subcontractor to pay a tad more for them, but pickups are still more important than deliveries, yas?
It was indeed a huge change in daily work experience for the guys who instead of being 6 miles from home when they did their last stop it was suddenly 60 miles back to the terminal followed by 60 miles back home. All uncompensated time along with the suspicion that the contractor knew that this was coming but hid it from the driver when he was interviewed.

Experiences such as this and countless more....yet contractors still wonder why they can't keep people on the routes.

UPS has made it clear right from the get go that they will not hire anybody with body piercings and or tattoos that cannot be covered up with clothing.

While indications are that you would make a fine UPS box hog that ink and metal is costing you at least $25,000 a year in gross earnings along with a top of the line health insurance plan plan and defined benefit pension....Was it worth it?
Yeah cause I can still get all that with my ink and my metal may not be fedex I can always fall back on my collage degree.. I done it for 10 yrs just wanted something new besides a tattoo artist or a master mechanic

bacha29

Yeah cause I can still get all that with my ink and my metal may not be fedex I can always fall back on my collage degree.. I done it for 10 yrs just wanted something new besides a tattoo artist or a master
Well I'm quite certain that if you were interviewed by a female interviewer/recruiter and you gifted her with a collage she might overlook a guy with so much iron in him that he couldn't make it across a truck scale and painted in more colors than Sherwin Williams and decide to take him on.

And unless that 'collage" degree is a grad school degree in a highly desired field there's little chance that you'll out earn a full time UPS box hog with seniority .So enjoy your day out there including weekends matching the production of the average UPS box hog for half the wages and zero benefits.

Well I'm quite certain that if you were interviewed by a female interviewer/recruiter and you gifted her with a collage she might overlook a guy with so much iron in him that he couldn't make it across a truck scale and painted in more colors than Sherwin Williams and decide to take him on.

And unless that 'collage" degree is a grad school degree in a highly desired field there's little chance that you'll out earn a full time UPS box hog with seniority .So enjoy your day out there including weekends matching the production of the average UPS box hog for half the wages and zero benefits.
That's funny cause I get full benefits and and a nice fair wage. Yes my degree is in Graphics engineer very well desired field.. out earn what you call a box hog.. I don't work weekends unless I want to.. and still clear 1200 a week idk what state your in but to me I'm living comfortable yes I could be making more but I really don't have to work my wife is a surgeon and I'm not ashamed to say she makes way more money then me.. so before you go saying I'm a tattooed metal head get some facts first.. I do a job just like urs it's the same job just different company.. I made this trend to ask for input on a job not input on how I look and how many tattoos I have that's really not a problem I know drs that make 10x what u make covered in tattoos..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah cause I can still get all that with my ink and my metal may not be fedex I can always fall back on my collage degree.. I done it for 10 yrs just wanted something new besides a tattoo artist or a master mechanic

Sure ya can
but you choose to shuffle cardboard for near minimum wage
Got it

bacha29

Sure ya can
but you choose to shuffle cardboard for near minimum wage
Got it
And it's all just a question of how long he can withstand the physical beating and what will become of him when he can no longer do so. And I'm with you. There's something here that just doesn't make sense.

It will be fine

And it's all just a question of how long he can withstand the physical beating and what will become of him when he can no longer do so. And I'm with you. There's something here that just doesn't make sense.
It’s actually fairly common for drivers. A driver with a professional wife that wants to have a laid back physical job happens all the time. They don’t need the work so the freedom and easy cash of driving for Ground is appealing.

dezguy

It’s actually fairly common for drivers. A driver with a professional wife that wants to have a laid back physical job happens all the time. They don’t need the work so the freedom and easy cash of driving for Ground is appealing.
Why not just get an easier job delivering envelopes for Express then?

It will be fine

Yeah boss, I might be in at 8 or maybe 9:30 not sure depends on how I feel that day

Great way to run a business
Works really well when there’s mutual trust and respect between employer and employee. If you need to be babysat to do your job properly you wouldn’t make it with me.