Switching Contractor

Ok guys question.. the contractor I work for is crap so I got with a guy that runs another contract and I was told to put my 2 weeks in and do the online work to be affiliated with the other contractor all that was done the same day.. now my current contractor boss says that it will not happen and that I can not work for FedEx for 6 months but I have seen people from my contractor switch alot.. but I figured since I'm already affiliated with the other place that there is nothing he can do . It was even ran through FedEx its self and they said as long as I put I'm my two weeks it would be fine . Anyone got answers on this and anyway I could win the argument with my current place

Yes that's how it is at my current place and the other contractor offered more so I took it but then my current boss told me that I would not be able to switch over cause he said I signed a non-compete form witch I have never seen..

HD219

You're current contractor is a lying D Bag. He's being petty because you are leaving. You did the right thing by putting in your 2 weeks. There will be no issue with you working for the new contractor.

You're current contractor is a lying D Bag. He's being petty because you are leaving. You did the right thing by putting in your 2 weeks. There will be no issue with you working for the new contractor.
Thanks for the help on this.. I know when I leave my current contractor they will stiff me on money they've done it to like four other people that quit on them so that's just another battle I'm going to have to go through with them

bacha29

For sure I get tired of hearing everyone bitch and be negative about everything.. it not only makes me hate what I do but turns me on to one of them blood sucking cry babies lmao..
You are an "an will" employee. You can quit at will and he can fire you at will. Unless you have somewhere along the way signed a binding contract of employment then you are free to pursue better opportunities. Unfortunately a truly better opportunity is not likely to be found working of a FXG contractor period. But, if he doesn't pay you for hours worked report him to your state's department of labor and industry Remember, there's always three guys on every FXG truck...One coming,.. one driving...and one leaving.

You are an "an will" employee. You can quit at will and he can fire you at will. Unless you have somewhere along the way signed a binding contract of employment then you are free to pursue better opportunities. Unfortunately a truly better opportunity is not likely to be found working of a FXG contractor period. But, if he doesn't pay you for hours worked report him to your state's department of labor and industry Remember, there's always three guys on every FXG truck...One coming,.. one driving...and one leaving.
That's the truth for sure everyone is replaceable

Mutineer

Yes that's how it is at my current place and the other contractor offered more so I took it but then my current boss told me that I would not be able to switch over cause he said I signed a non-compete form witch I have never seen..
If you unwittingly/unknowingly signed a non-compete, your former employer could have a case to litigate against you.
The question is if he would take the time and effort to do so, if your state recognizes such contracts, and if so would it get laughed out of court.

Considering that a FedEx approved entity would threaten such a thing over a s*t-job speaks volumes as to what an awful, petty workplace that XG has devolved into.

Your stories remind me of a toxic sociopath husband/wife XG contractor duo that were so awful that tales of their malfeasance, arrogance, and stupidity lingered a decade after their contract was pulled.

That's about what my contractor is.. seems similar.. fedex is bad.. I would like to work for ups but I don't really have the experience yet.. and the lic to do so

It will be fine

If you unwittingly/unknowingly signed a non-compete, your former employer could have a case to litigate against you.
The question is if he would take the time and effort to do so, if your state recognizes such contracts, and if so would it get laughed out of court.

Considering that a FedEx approved entity would threaten such a thing over a s*t-job speaks volumes as to what an awful, petty workplace that XG has devolved into.

Your stories remind me of a toxic sociopath husband/wife XG contractor duo that were so awful that tales of their malfeasance, arrogance, and stupidity lingered a decade after their contract was pulled.
A non compete is not enforceable. The contractor would lose and it would cost him far more than he could possibly gain.

Mutineer

That's about what my contractor is.. seems similar.. fedex is bad.. I would like to work for ups but I don't really have the experience yet.. and the lic to do so
In nearly every occupation on Earth, having prior occupational experience is considered necessary and/or desirable and is looked favorably upon when applying for that job.

Except when that job title is courier or prostitute. Ups and every other carrier will regard your prior experiences and qualifications with a condescending eye roll and dismiss it as sub-standard, dubious, inferior, and irrelevant.
A non compete is not enforceable. The contractor would lose and it would cost him far more than he could possibly gain.
I alluded to that notion. But I have never tested it. If you have personal experience with this matter, I'm sure the OP would be interested.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Former employer would have to prove exactly HOW he was being competed against, as well as prove any economic harm.

In other words, he would be making a fool of himself to litigate.

Mutineer

In other words, he would be making a fool of himself to litigate.
I agree.

But given that the employer is an ISP for XG, and that he has threatened such litigation upon a lowly, slave-waging employee leads me to conclude being made a fool of is both redundant, and absolutely no deterrent to this person.