Switching from preload to reload. Drop in sort pay?

QualityLoads

i recently switched from loading trucks in the a.m. on preload to working the night shift on reload. Im a tcd and i havent reported to reload since i switched sorts, because i have been driving every day. My paychecks always show my sort pay rate, this past week my pay rate dropped a whole dollar per hour.

Im in the southern, why would my pay rate change. Am i not entitled to keep the same pay rate i had when loading trucks. I know if you switched from loading to unloading in the preload, you would keep the pay rate you made your 30 days on. Why would it change if i switch sorts.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
i recently switched from loading trucks in the a.m. on preload to working the night shift on reload. Im a tcd and i havent reported to reload since i switched sorts, because i have been driving every day. My paychecks always show my sort pay rate, this past week my pay rate dropped a whole dollar per hour.

Im in the southern, why would my pay rate change. Am i not entitled to keep the same pay rate i had when loading trucks. I know if you switched from loading to unloading in the preload, you would keep the pay rate you made your 30 days on. Why would it change if i switch sorts.
preload makes a dollar more an hour than other PT shifts....reload or local sort. I believe it's in the national contract.

QualityLoads

In reload they would have me unload incoming packages cars what goes on after that i have no idea. I know of the dollar difference between preload and other sort shifts. I was just under the impression that i would keep my preload rate that i had for over a year.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In reload they would have me unload incoming packages cars what goes on after that i have no idea. I know of the dollar difference between preload and other sort shifts. I was just under the impression that i would keep my preload rate that i had for over a year.
Why would you get to keep it if you're not working preload anymore?

QualityLoads

Sometimes when i was unloading trucks or working small sort on the preload my pay rate was always the same as if i was loading trucks. I was making loaders rate for unloading trailers. Maybe the drop is from switching shifts.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
and in all honesty....in my local....all of preload starts at the same pay...regardless of loading or unloading. I recently switched from loading in a specific center to the unload (I work in the primary). The location code on my paycheck has been changed from the center # to the primary #, but my rate of pay hasn't changed.

QualityLoads

and in all honesty....in my local....all of preload starts at the same pay...regardless of loading or unloading. I recently switched from loading in a specific center to the unload (I work in the primary). The code on my check has been changed from the center # to the primary, but my rate of pay hasn't changed.

In my building only the ones loading the package cars would get the extra dollar. Every other job on preload started a dollar short. This was made clear by HR and other employees i talked to on the shift.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Reload, Local Sort, Twilight, Sunset, etc. are all used to describe the sort in which packages are unloaded from package cars and loaded onto trailers to a hub.

preload makes a dollar more an hour than other PT shifts....reload or local sort. I believe it's in the national contract.

It discusses skilled positions that earn a $1 premium, but those jobs can be on any shift. Many Preloads have historically offered the $1 premium to all employees, however, to fill the jobs. Whether or not the $1 premium is taken from you if you move to another position is completely up to your local management + HR.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You loose your dollar if you bid on an unskilled position. Unless you were forced to switch sorts you lost your dollar

By The Book

Just a thought about your pay rates. If you've been a part time employee a long time your pay may be higher as a part timer than your starting pay as a driver. You should get the higher rate until your driving progression catches up to your sort pay. Are you going to switch back to preload because of the pay drop?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There is no "skilled" and "unskilled"

There is "preload, HV direct, LV direct and sorter" pay

Pickoffs and sorters on the "reload"/twilight should be making the $1/hr, they do in our buildings. If you are doing any of the above jobs and not receiving the $1 premium, file a grievance.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
There is no "skilled" and "unskilled"

There is "preload, HV direct, LV direct and sorter" pay

Pickoffs and sorters on the "reload"/twilight should be making the $1/hr, they do in our buildings. If you are doing any of the above jobs and not receiving the $1 premium, file a grievance.
Yeah not quite. There is skilled and unskilled. P60 is Preload Skilled, which gets you the dollar. P59 is Preload unskilled, which doesn't give you the dollar. L02, local sort/reload skilled which can give you a dollar but is reserved for sorters and L01 which is local sort/reload unskilled which doesn't give you the dollar.