Switching To Feeder Driver Question...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
UPS trains you so you can get your CDL. No you don't lose your current pay rate. And no you don't lose your seniority. You will however be put at the bottom of the full time feeder list. Go to feeders as soon as possible, if you don't you are stupid.
Depends on the supplement.

brownburro

In norcal, feeder seniority updates in March. If you trained before March you get your seniority then. I have 23 years seniority. I carried that to feeders and that's how it should be. You have to earn your stripes.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Feeders sound horrible to me, i have 29 yrs in so I allways sign the bids to mess with the lower seniority people, but turn it down last minute.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Feeders sound horrible to me, i have 29 yrs in so I allways sign the bids to mess with the lower seniority people, but turn it down last minute.
typical.

there is no such thing as friends in feeder. its a cutthroat world. drivers making over 100k a year and they will stab you in the back in a heartbeat.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I got my CDL on my own and was told they own me for 3 years. That was prior to getting a full-time gig as a feeder. I qualified as a part-timer, spot opened up and I got in.
In New England ,, if you got license on your own ,, no ,,,, you aren't committed to them for the two years ,,,, only if you went to their school

budlight

hey friend* face
Technically, I went to their school, after going to a school that actually taught me a lil sum sum.

I had written more in response, but deleted it because anonymous posting wouldn't be so anonymous if I laid out details. I've already said too much in the post you quoted.

FeeDerp

I've got 2 young boys, and another coming in march with a stay at home wife.

I'm still a vacation cover driver, but I mostly work in the early am, and only work nights when I cover a driver on vacay. We also have about 315 feeders

If you go feeders, driving at night is best just because there is no traffic. Most day runs are all city pick ups or shifting. You won't get anything better for a loong time. Just gotta wait your turn and rake in the cash while doing it