Syria

newfie

The quandary there is bombing Assad helps ISIS.

Wouldn't taking out Assad leave a power vacuum that ISIS would gladly fill? They're all monsters, we shouldn't be involved beyond setting up some refugee camps and maybe helping enforce some no-fly zones.

I'm not taking it that far. We sent a message. We could have done much more if chose to do so, we didn't. We're not trying to take Assad out , not trying to enter Syrian politics just letting Assad know we wont look the other way if he uses chemical weapons. that still leaves Assad free to do about every other rotten thing his heart desires.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The reason I asked is because ISIS is going on in Syria.
OK
I was not specific enough!
I meant with the Syrian government.

AS for Afghanistan, yes because the Taliban effectively were the de facto government for most of the country.

Iraq - No
Iraq never attacked the USA ... I held and expressed this same belief before we invaded Iraq.

newfie

OK
I was not specific enough!
I meant with the Syrian government.

AS for Afghanistan, yes because the Taliban effectively were the de facto government for most of the country.

Iraq - No
Iraq never attacked the USA ... I held and expressed this same belief before we invaded Iraq.

I don't see us doing much more in Syria other then wiping out Isis. Trump could have done so much more to Assad if he was interested in getting involved in Syria.

MAKAVELI

I'm not taking it that far. We sent a message. We could have done much more if chose to do so, we didn't. We're not trying to take Assad out , not trying to enter Syrian politics just letting Assad know we wont look the other way if he uses chemical weapons. that still leaves Assad free to do about every other rotten thing his heart desires.
And Assad has sent a message to Drumpf. He will continue to do as he pleases and Drumpf will need to do a lot more to stop him.
Check out this post in the Islamic State vibe:
Warplanes strike Syrian town hit by chemical attack
Warplanes strike Syrian town hit by chemical attack

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
but ,..but...but...if this if that. He sent the Syrians, Russians, north Koreans and Chinese a message without risking the lives of American troops. good move. take it for what it was and don't move the goal post.
He sent the Russians a message all right, warning them of the impending attack hours before the missiles were launched. One would have to be a complete idiot to believe that they did not pass that message along to their Syrian allies. Trump spend over $100 million to blow a few holes in a runway that was in operation again the following day. His "message" was directed at the American people and it was nothing but an attempt to restore his tanking ratings by pretending to act tough.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Probably the most telling fact in this entire mess is that Assad waited almost 4 years...until 3 months after Obama was gone and Trump had taken over...to resume the use of chemical weapons.
That is not a coincidence. I suspect Trump's incessant Twitter rants imploring Obama to not attack Syria may have played a role in Assad's thinking.

rickyb

Banned
very dangerous. pull back NATO to germany which was the original agreement the americans didnt follow.

Abby Martin Retweeted
Financial Times‏Verified account @FT Apr 7

Russian prime minister Dmitry Medvedev: The US and Russia are 'on the verge of a military clash' http://on.ft.com/2nmV5he

C81j0neWAAEK210.jpg

rickyb

Banned
  1. Abby Martin Retweeted
    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 31 Aug 2013

Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III.

3,783 replies 81,613 retweets 57,694 likes

2. Abby Martin Retweeted
    Justwanna B. Free‏ @SankofaBrown Apr 6

The United States, the greatest purveyor of violence in the world, does not have the ability to bring peace to any nation.

71 replies 5,825 retweets 7,693 likes

3. Abby Martin Retweeted
    Ajamu Baraka‏Verified account @ajamubaraka Apr 6

The U.S. is a death culture. The glorification of violence and normalization of war is what makes this culture "exceptional."

Catatonic

Nine Lives
  1. Abby Martin Retweeted
    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 31 Aug 2013

Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III.

3,783 replies 81,613 retweets 57,694 likes

2. Abby Martin Retweeted
    Justwanna B. Free‏ @SankofaBrown Apr 6

The United States, the greatest purveyor of violence in the world, does not have the ability to bring peace to any nation.

71 replies 5,825 retweets 7,693 likes

3. Abby Martin Retweeted
    Ajamu Baraka‏Verified account @ajamubaraka Apr 6

The U.S. is a death culture. The glorification of violence and normalization of war is what makes this culture "exceptional."
Just curious ... what is your purpose in posting all these ugly looking tweets?

10 Pt

So if ISIS truly is a threat to us, why are we bombing the government that is fighting them?

We cant pick both sides in a war.
Syrians kill with gas out of the box and
ISIS burns them alive with gas in a cage.
So many targets. So little time.