Syria

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Hooray! Another idiotic cartoon that does nothing to further a serious discussion.

You are on a roll today, can't wait to click on the next thread and see your latest addition to the topics at hand.

klein

Für Meno :)
Stephen Harper
Yesterday, I spoke with President Obama about the troubling situation in Syria. I’ll continue to consult closely our allies.

J’ai parlé à Barack Obama de la situation troublante en Syrie. Je poursuis mes consultations avec nos alliés.

afterthought

Stephen Harper

Yesterday, I spoke with President Obama about the troubling situation in Syria. I’ll continue to consult closely our allies.

J’ai parlé à Barack Obama de la situation troublante en Syrie. Je poursuis mes consultations avec nos alliés.
Good French;

I have talked to Barack Obama of the disturbing situation in Syria.

I am continuing my consultations with our allies.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have no business at all in Syria, both sides hate us and are our enemies. Let the Arabs or UN handle it, they don't care and won't get involved at all. I'm all for getting out of the whole area altogether, we really don't need anything there.

We have no business at all in Syria, both sides hate us and are our enemies. Let the Arabs or UN handle it, they don't care and won't get involved at all. I'm all for getting out of the whole area altogether, we really don't need anything there.

Fix our problems at home first..set an example for the rest of the world. do as I do not as I say....no wonder half the world cant stand us!

moreluck

golden ticket member
4hw22f.png

moreluck

golden ticket member
Even if he's not a military genius, thinking about agreeing with France should give him a big hint !!

Now is the time for Benghazi behavior....Stand Down !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama shot his mouth off so much that now he's into the 'SAVE FACE' mode.

Save face is #1......keeping this place safe isn't even on his agenda.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Including seven-in-10 Democrats.

Via Politico:
Half of Americans say they oppose taking military action in Syria and nearly eight-in-10 think the president should get congressional authorization before using force, according to a new poll out Friday.

While only 42 percent say they support using force in response to the use of chemical weapons, the numbers flip when military action is defined as launching cruise missiles from naval warships — with 50 percent in favor and 44 percent opposing, the NBC News poll shows.

The poll also found 58 percent agree the use of chemical weapons by any country violates a “red line” that demands the U.S. respond, but 79 percent say they believe that President Barack Obama should receive congressional approval before any military action. Nearly seven-in-10 Democrats and 90 percent of Republicans told pollsters the president should get congressional authorization first.

W

westsideworma

I say let them have at each other. This is not our fight. We have enough problems at home we could focus those funds on. What they did was terrible but its not something we need to get into, we're not the world police, despite how it often appears.

wkmac

Follow the Money!

While much of Wall Street is displaying nervousness about a clash with Syria, Tomahawk cruise missile maker Raytheon (RTN) could receive a boost to its bottom line from the potential conflict.
That’s because the White House has made clear an attack on Syria would be very limited in nature, likely relying heavily on the cruise missiles that Raytheon sells to the U.S. for about $1 million a pop.
According to Politico, the war drums have raised calls in Washington for the Pentagon to buy more than the 196 Tomahawk missiles it purchases each year, which is just enough to maintain the supply chain.
“There are many of us who have been concerned for years about maintaining our missile capabilities,” Rep. Rob Bishop, a Republican member of the House Armed Services Committee, told the publication.
Waltham, Mass.-based Raytheon saw its stock pop to a fresh 52-week high of $77.93 on Monday as it became clear President Obama was preparing to launch an aerial assault against Damascus. However, the defense contractor’s shares have eased off those levels, perhaps in response to signs an attack might not be imminent.

wkmac

Impressive coalition Obama has put together !!

"Let your heart not be troubled" as when the political winds change direction and the GOP takes over, you'll enjoy your moment in the sun again cheering on your guys doing exactly the very same thing.