T-S but on call for Mondays?

Update AGAIN: my union guy was wrong. I went and showed him some of the stuff shared with me in here and he said oh I didn't know you're a 22.4 yes they can do that. There goes my day off

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Knew it was too good to be true
In our area the regular drivers still get priority for 6th punch, 22.4 default to receiving extra hours but it still counts as extra work. So you may be able to get Saturday off by having one bump you for overtime so long as your 22.4 seniority is at the top (it probably is) and you worked Monday for 5 punches already.

and vice-versa. Drivers wanting overtime should demand they layoff a 22.4 that worked Monday through Friday in order to work Saturday.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Update AGAIN: my union guy was wrong. I went and showed him some of the stuff shared with me in here and he said oh I didn't know you're a 22.4 yes they can do that. There goes my day off

To be clear, when you say cover driver, you mean RPCD's who don't have bid routes, yes? If so, if they are working you on Monday while cover drivers are sitting at home, that is not ok. I get the feeling that most BA's think the company can do whatever they want when it comes to 22.4's. If you accept an answer, even if it is wrong, that is the answer you will live with.

542thruNthru

To be clear, when you say cover driver, you mean RPCD's who don't have bid routes, yes? If so, if they are working you on Monday while cover drivers are sitting at home, that is not ok. I get the feeling that most BA's think the company can do whatever they want when it comes to 22.4's. If you accept an answer, even if it is wrong, that is the answer you will live with.

This is an good question. I thought he meant PT Cover Drivers but reading the JC3 it seems Utility Drivers are the PT drivers.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This is an good question. I thought he meant PT Cover Drivers but reading the JC3 it seems Utility Drivers are the PT drivers.

I was also forgetting that the cover drivers might still be on a tues-sat schedule, but if they have more seniority they should still have first crack at the work.

Whither

Scofflaw
Update: spoke with a driver from a neighboring center in the same building yesterday. Asked him if their T-S drivers are getting scheduled 6 days. He said, no, in fact the bottom several drivers have been getting laid off. Forwarded this info to my steward and my BA, both of whom said they will look into it.

Whither

Scofflaw
Steward updated me after another meeting re: forced 6 day schedules with the center mgr yesterday. Says his impression is the boss is getting exhausted by the frequent complaints and is likely to try and get us staffed up ASAP to avoid the hassle. I replied, great, let's all keep our foot on the gas to ensure he follows through ... I will carry on fanning the flames among my low-seniority coworkers and heading into the office every so often to remind the boss re: that we're not machines and the increased risks of accident and injury every successive week.

FWIW, I've spoken with several high seniority drivers about the issue and each has been sympathetic, several finding it outrageous. So far not a hint of "You're lucky to have this job, keep your head down and shut up, rookie" haha.

Here's hoping the squeaky wheels will get the grease sooner than later.

Faceplanted

This is what you do.

On your 6th report slow way up, than send a message that you are feeling extremely fatigued and you need to be relived from duty for the day. Do this a couple times and they will get the message.