T-S but on call for Mondays?

First go here and download the National Master, Western Region and JC3.
UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

You can be forced to work Monday before any RPCD.
View attachment 280398
And if they call you they must give you at least 1 hour.
View attachment 280399
But with a quick glance I have seen no language that says you must call them. So you need to speak with a steward about this. If you are not Scheduled to work Monday I would not call them. They may be scheduling you 6 days a week and asking you to call monday to see if actually needed though. Again talk to a steward about this.
Dang this isn't looking good for me. Yeah I call in and they tell me if I'm working, assumingly based on their need. Thank you for finding that for me. I'm gonna find the steward tomorrow and ask for clarification just in case

Whither

Scofflaw
Dang this isn't looking good for me. Yeah I call in and they tell me if I'm working, assumingly based on their need. Thank you for finding that for me. I'm gonna find the steward tomorrow and ask for clarification just in case

Good luck, OP. In my center all of us Tues-Sat (low seniority) RPCDs and our one 22.4 have been scheduled Mon-Sat since early November, and there seems to be no end in sight. Steward told me the same thing happened last year and carried on into May. I'm with you: sanity/free time > extra money ... but the damned contract doesn't protect us against 6 day/60 hr schedules at all.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Good luck, OP. In my center all of us Tues-Sat (low seniority) RPCDs and our one 22.4 have been scheduled Mon-Sat since early November, and there seems to be no end in sight. Steward told me the same thing happened last year and carried on into May. I'm with you: sanity/free time > extra money ... but the damned contract doesn't protect us against 6 day/60 hr schedules at all.
It does though. Our scheduled work week for FT drivers is either Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat, they cannot force anyone in on their day off unless it lands on a holiday where we deliver air.

Yep been doing the same since early November too. Love doing the actual job but the getting home at 9 every night has gotten tiring.

MattM

Is it easier signing on as a 22.4, than a cover driver, or FT? With Monday OT, are you making more than a FT driver?

Is it easier signing on as a 22.4, than a cover driver, or FT? With Monday OT, are you making more than a FT driver?
I got hired off the street as a 22.4 which is FT guaranteed. My hourly is 20.50. Made close to $350 yesterday alone since it was all OT. I work a 60 hour week every week and 20 of those are OT so about $1400 a week before tax. What do FT drivers make a 40 hour week?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I got hired off the street as a 22.4 which is FT guaranteed. My hourly is 20.50. Made close to $350 yesterday alone since it was all OT. I work a 60 hour week every week and 20 of those are OT so about $1400 a week before tax. What do FT drivers make a 40 hour week?

0695E77C-457A-43A6-B8DC-4245D354C06B.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I am going to ask regulars interested in a sixth saturday punch and have them bump me every saturday just to :censored2: with the center manager's mind.

Whither

Scofflaw
It does though. Our scheduled work week for FT drivers is either Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat, they cannot force anyone in on their day off unless it lands on a holiday where we deliver air.

Must be in a different supplement. I've found nothing in the Central or the National CBA that would prevent 6 day schedules, and neither have my stew or BA ...