Take a peek at the new Contract before retiring?

Shiftless

I love this kind of talk!

BEST thing anyone can do is wait till the last minute to retire and collect SS !

Working keeps you active, while working you keep depositing monies for you to your own individual account's for the later part of your life! Wonderful system!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!!

I Love hearing this younger generation taking steps to strengthen the SS system and enhancing the value to the retirement plan!

And its such a simple plan! Just work till you puke.

Easy Peasy!!!!

Choices, ya gotta Love choice's!

Red Headed Stranger

There is no right or wrong answer....it depends entirely on your circumstances and longevity. If you will only have Social Security to retire on, you will need to wait until your full retirement age. In my case, my Mom never made it to 60 and my Dad died at 72 (began drawing at 62). You do take a hit by drawing at 62, but you also get COLA that will help. If you retire at 62 and draw $1500 per month, you'll have well over $90,000 by the time you're 67. If you wait till 67 to draw and die six months later, you lose. This is without even calculating the time value of money (a dollar today is worth more than a dollar five years from now)

Johney

If you retire at 62 and draw $1500 per month, you'll have well over $90,000 by the time you're 67. If you wait till 67 to draw and die six months later, you lose. This is without even calculating the time value of money (a dollar today is worth more than a dollar five years from now)
This is what my tax guy said. Although I wasn't waiting till 62 to retire. I planned much better than that. When I hit 62 it will be just about when the wife wants to retire and we'll be set. She started her career late and wants to keep working for a while longer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What does being 62 have to do with your desire to retire? There are plenty here who have stated retiring well before 62, myself included. Please tell me it's to collect your Social Security.
He’s got no money saved for retirement the only shot he’s got at retirement is to be 62 so he can draw social security

Must have No “discipline” with Finances
200 (4).gif