When did u stop being cheap?

Overpaid Union Thug

We have a building full of dudes with $75,000 pickup trucks that never haul anything outside of an occasional cornhole board. Cul de sac Cowboys.

3 years into their 7 year loan? Trade it in for a newer truck an build up more debt. But man the chicks in the parking lot are super impressed.
Sadly that sounds like the typical American man. The smaller the penis the larger the mall crawler loan.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Never cheap out on your mattress. Spend the 4K. You’re going to spend a large portion of your life sleeping, get a good damn mattress. The car I drive is a 2006 with 300K miles. My wife’s is a 2020 SUV with less than 30K. That’s the car she hauls my kids around in, I need it to be dependable. Kids have all the new gadgets and nice clothes. I just bought new work boots after wearing my last pair into the ground for over 2 years. I don’t need nice s*. But I’ll be damned if my kids and my wife are going to go around driving garbage and in cheap clothes. You represent me, dress like it.

Never cheap out on your mattress. Spend the 4K. You’re going to spend a large portion of your life sleeping, get a good damn mattress. The car I drive is a 2006 with 300K miles. My wife’s is a 2020 SUV with less than 30K. That’s the car she hauls my kids around in, I need it to be dependable. Kids have all the new gadgets and nice clothes. I just bought new work boots after wearing my last pair into the ground for over 2 years. I don’t need nice s*. But I’ll be damned if my kids and my wife are going to go around driving garbage and in cheap clothes. You represent me, dress like it.
I also rock a 2006, spent $7k on motor, front and rear ends, windows, and upholstery to make her go another 15 years. Wife bought a 2020 suv in October around $45k, but she makes more than we do.

clean hairy

I also rock a 2006, spent $7k on motor, front and rear ends, windows, and upholstery to make her go another 15 years. Wife bought a 2020 suv in October around $45k, but she makes more than we do.
Exactly the point I have tried to make!
Others might say " Why spend 7k on a vehicle worth maybe 5k?"
If you are going to keep it, makes no difference.
We KNOW you could not buy a vehicle for 7k with all that work done to it...

PCM Troll

The mattress is not only for you. I assume you share that bed with your wife. Stop being a cheap ass and at least get something she will be happy with since you don't care.

MrBates

Hi all.
Here's the deal. I'm a full scale RPCD (11yrs) and still won't spend a dime. Debt free beyond my mortgage and my child support ends this fall. My two vehicles are 16 and 33 yrs old. (run just fine) 401K and IRA both well funded.

Wife and I went mattress shopping this weekend and WTF. National chain store (strip mall) wanted like $4k for a Hybrid and frame. I get the whole investment in health and sleep blah, blah, blah but it's a bed none the less. Any how my point and question is we all make good money some more than others (depends where u live etc) but you never know.

I'm on the 9.5 list (like it matters) and will clear 6 figures like a lot of us but still can't get get used to it. When did u decide it's time to enjoy what u work hard for.?
Find a good bed. You can't take the money with you when you die.

iruhnman630

Currently at zero debt, with a paid off modest house and I paid cash for my 2012 Yukon in 2013, which only has 130k miles on it thanks to living close to work.

But the willpower is running out.

I want, not need, a new house and truck.

2021 GMC Yukon AT4, priced at about $73k.

Fortunately the ridiculous current state of the housing and auto markets and an October wedding are helping to fight off the spending urges.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hi all.
Here's the deal. I'm a full scale RPCD (11yrs) and still won't spend a dime. Debt free beyond my mortgage and my child support ends this fall. My two vehicles are 16 and 33 yrs old. (run just fine) 401K and IRA both well funded.

Wife and I went mattress shopping this weekend and WTF. National chain store (strip mall) wanted like $4k for a Hybrid and frame. I get the whole investment in health and sleep blah, blah, blah but it's a bed none the less. Any how my point and question is we all make good money some more than others (depends where u live etc) but you never know.

I'm on the 9.5 list (like it matters) and will clear 6 figures like a lot of us but still can't get get used to it. When did u decide it's time to enjoy what u work hard for.?

“But it’s a bed non the less”

Oh you mean the place you spend 1/3 of your life