Take Care Of Yourself

rod

Retired 22 years
And you rarely saw anything that size. Hell at the beginning of my career we rarely saw the big bulky stuff that's a fixture on every truck now.

But we had to walk through snow drifts to deliver packages. Now you guys just roll them out the back door and leave them at the end of the drive. You have it made.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But we had to walk through snow drifts to deliver packages. Now you guys just roll them out the back door and leave them at the end of the drive. You have it made.
Must have been hard walking all of the way to the door for your 35 stops every day.

rod

Retired 22 years
Must have been hard walking all of the way to the door for your 35 stops every day.

We had 2 routes that averaged 20 to 25 stops a day and a half a dozen pickups. The trouble with those 2 routes was that 75% of your day was pounding down 300 miles of washboard dirt road. No thanks. I averaged 125-140 stops ---- 110-125 miles----- 22 pickups. I was usually done by 7ish.

542thruNthru

We had 2 routes that averaged 20 to 25 stops a day and a half a dozen pickups. The trouble with those 2 routes was that 75% of your day was pounding down 300 miles of washboard dirt road. No thanks. I averaged 125-140 stops ---- 110-125 miles----- 22 pickups. I was usually done by 7ish.

Done by 7 wow. What did you do during your free time after 12pm that took you 7 hours?

Edd O'Rion

Our building has seen 2 drivers die of a heart attack (while on duty) in the past 15 months. How about less PCM’s about counting 1-2-3, and more PCM’s about heart attack warning signs and emergency first aid? How about making the job less stressful by sending us out with under 9.5 dispatches, and minimal cuts on Mondays?

Dhydratd

Our building has seen 2 drivers die of a heart attack (while on duty) in the past 15 months.
My building also. And at least one of them could have been prevented.
I believe management could use some training on how to respond to drivers calling out for health reasons.