Taken out of service for not knowing safety dribble?

fatman

I mean no disrespect but.....maybe you should do a little homework and find out what the KETER Audit is. It is very obvious you know very little about it, and you shouldn't be passing around the wrong information. Sorry.... ___________

Keter was originally subcontracted to appease the government compliance mandate. That mandate has passed. Liberty Mutual has bought Keter and UPS uses it for audit purposes only. There is no outside audit going on, only a back door BS harassment. Do the best you can, no smart @$$ answers. Pay me I work, harass me I work on you.

Brown-up

I agree with Upstate. Is it really that difficult to learn. Especially if your job is on the line. Not to mention the stuff does work and it also slows you down. You make more money doing it their way.

happybob

Feeders
Re: Taken out of service for not knowing saftey dribble?

Actually its a little more then that. One thing I enjoy pointing out with these debates is the inconsistencies of the union goon. Here again its highlighted. A person who does not join a union is called a scab by you folks. Yet when I apply the same exact principles in calling one who does not join this message board a scab you folks whine like a bunch of little girls.

for tough union folks you sure do whine a lot.

I believe the very least we can do to support Cheryls hard work here is to join the site. I think anyone who regularly uses it and does not support her by joining is a scab. I refuse to apologize for supporting this site no matter how twisted you guys get over it.
I worker that doesnt join the union isnt a scab, hes a freeloader. A scab, is someone that does a union members work while that member is on strike. Like you tie, when we went on strike and you drove those package cars around trying to find customers that would accept packages from SCABS.:happy2:

happybob

Feeders
I was not talking about being taken out of "work". The question was being taken out of "service", aka service provider. A driver can legitimately be taken out of service for not being able to spew the 10s and 5s and put back in the building and not be a contract violation, as the job is WAD. That is my understanding anyway.
You MAY be understanding it wrong. The company can only WAD you if you are the third person bumped as a result of removed routes. I.e. your route gets taken out for the day, you get to follow the work, if more than 50% has been added to another route and you have seniority over the person getting the work, if not, you bump to a junior members route, the third person bumped gets WAD. Simple solution to stop the company from taking you off road becasue you didnt remember the verbatums. File a grievance to be payed the amout of hours the worker used to cover your route ends up working that day. Chances are hes working a very long day, he doesn't know the route like you do. He works a 10 hour day, they have to pay you 10 hours that day. Not just your guaranteed 8. Actual earning oportunity lost, or your guarantee, whichever is GREATER. I know tie and others will disagree, take it to a panel and see whos right. Thats my route, you send someone else on that route, I get payed the hours he worked that day.

happybob

Feeders
Yeah that makes sense. The only thing is if the regional supplement doesn't have very strong language about working bid jobs, it might not fly. A driver could be taken out of service and be SOL.

I know recently NE had language that addressed this (infact new in dec 2007)....before that UPS was basically doing whatever they wanted, working casuals over bid drivers, working part-timers in full-timers bids, or even lower seniority FTs in higher seniority bids, etc.

Here, if it's a case by case basis, the union will not help you. At least that is what I have found. But if it is a big problem the union may step in. IMO, the union should enforce the contract in EVERY case just not the ones that mean something to them getting votes at election time. But that is not how it works, and another discussion altogether.
It's not just the union that has to inforse the contract in every instanse, so does the MEMBER. In my barn, no senior member is allowed to get BUMPED off his route by a junior member. But, too manhy times the senior member will take the day off so a junior member can work. That's his or her chioce. No member has the right to come off his route to do another route, but they do. Thats not a union failure to represent problem, thats a member failing to protect his rights problem. The union can only fight for a members rights, when that member initiates the fight(grievance). As for working parttimers in full timer bids, I've never seen that one. But, I will say this, I would rather have a part timer doing the work instead of a supervisor. If a full timer is getting sent home, and then a part timer is doing the work, it's up to that full timer to file a grievance.

bigblu 2 you

I agree with Upstate. Is it really that difficult to learn. Especially if your job is on the line. Not to mention the stuff does work and it also slows you down. You make more money doing it their way.
what is easy for you to learn may not be easy for others.some people do not memorize well or recite well,that being said it is unfair to send someone who drives & delivers home for lack of memorization skills .all minds are not created equal and at our center one man was sent home when at least 10 others could not recite 100%. a bit of discrimination.if this pattern progresses ups will dream up unheard of things and use them as tools of discipline instead of safety .