Taken out of service.....

Ron Carey lives on

Rolling scanned Airs are setting off alarms in the upper management, it has to do with new technology coming in. Stewards often have bullseyes on their back, play it cool, I really think you will get your job back. What is a 8.5 grievance?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had one stop that had a 1015 commit due to all of the NDA that they would receive. This gave the driver time to get all of the air delivered before 1030 and gave the customer the service that they were paying for.

10 point

The stop had a commit time of 1015 to make sure the driver was there in time to get all the NDA delivered by 1030.
I understood that the first time. Management can't dictate extra time commits.

You just can't have any late. Whatever you have to do to be there and deliver on time is what we do.

They tried to tell a driver his commit time at a non SSI account for airs was 10:15. Nice try.

oldngray

nowhere special
The stop is in the DIAD with a 1015 commit. Which part of that are you having difficulty with?

That is more an SSI account with 10:15 commit than an NDA commit. I had one that had a 10:00 commit but those will show up on a report if late its not really a service failure as long as you are there by 10:30 for NDA.

Z

ZQXC

My personal approach to NDA is as follows. I will approach the stop as usual, park in the normal spot, switch off engine, open bulkhead, get package, and then scan. At that point it's either late or on time. Not doing anything heroic, stupid, or illegal to make it appear to be on time. Because in the grand scheme of things, it just doesn't matter.

AKCoverMan

Sheeting a business as CLO 1 when they are not closed will get you fired also. Do not do this.
So I'm delivering to a big box store to their receiving door during business hours but nobody will answer the buzzer. The store is open but apparently receiving is closed. I sheet this as closed if all else fails.

10 point

It was not an SSI account. It was a stop that averaged 100 pkgs per day that our center wanted to make sure we took care of.
When you scan the first pkg it time stamps it if you have ten thousand packages....since you said "a stop".

What part of that issue are you struggling with? Are you a new driver or is comprehension a hurdle?

Were talking about being disciplined for late airs... not about your opinion of what constitutes great service.
Bring the packages through the front door---that will get their attention real quick.
So will your time with the steward and the center manager after the 800 call prints out at the building.