Tax Reform

bbsam

Staff member
Tax reform. With budget deficits? Where are the budget hawks?

Oh. Cut taxes, spur investment, blah, blah, blah...

It doesn't work.

OK, that seems like an added tax on people who aren't all that rich.

Are you a proponent of this 'fair tax'?

Explain it to me in a different way so it doesn't seem like it's another mechanism to funnel money from poor people to rich people...
How about the people that never ever pay any taxes? Now they will pay.

No more under the table. I guess the price of back alley blow jobs will have to go up by 23%

BrownArmy

That's BS ... not if they want to stay in office.

Bless your heart!

Mick Mulvaney, who was the most insane deficit hawk in existence, came around under the Trump regime, and somehow justifies the (par for the course) amount of debt that Trumps' plans will add to the deficit.

Is it your assertion that Republican voters will hold Trump and his team to the fire for adding to the deficit?

Lulz.

My impression is that Republicans talk a good game about reining in spending, and not adding to the deficit, but at the end of the day, they're big spenders just like Democrats are.

Are you asserting that voters will punish Republicans that promote policies that add to the deficit?

Hahahahahahaha

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Bless your heart!

Mick Mulvaney, who was the most insane deficit hawk in existence, came around under the Trump regime, and somehow justifies the (par for the course) amount of debt that Trumps' plans will add to the deficit.

Is it your assertion that Republican voters will hold Trump and his team to the fire for adding to the deficit?

Lulz.

My impression is that Republicans talk a good game about reining in spending, and not adding to the deficit, but at the end of the day, they're big spenders just like Democrats are.

Are you asserting that voters will punish Republicans that promote policies that add to the deficit?

Hahahahahahaha
I agree that the Old School Establishment Republicans spent money like drunk sailors.
The new Republicans (Freedom Caucus) are different although Boehner and Ryan have kept them out of key positions.
I don't see anything that will stop the growth of their movement.

bbsam

Staff member
Without the difficult political decision to make deep cuts in entitlement spending, the easy choice to cut taxes leads only to even larger deficits.