Tax Reform

bbsam

Staff member
Don't play dumb ... the two posts are only remotely related.
Well I'll never accuse you of playing dumb...

As they say, elections have consequences. One is that when you win, you govern. If you have the congress, you legislate. If you have the presidency, you administer.

Running on repeal and replace and failing to do either leaves the Trump administration owning both the failed Trumpcare and that which remains as a result of that failure.

I wonder if the president is tired of winning yet.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well I'll never accuse you of playing dumb...

As they say, elections have consequences. One is that when you win, you govern. If you have the congress, you legislate. If you have the presidency, you administer.

Running on repeal and replace and failing to do either leaves the Trump administration owning both the failed Trumpcare and that which remains as a result of that failure.

I wonder if the president is tired of winning yet.
That's a bit of convoluted logic but I took 2 Logic courses and you get an "D-" for that logical extraction.

Obamacare is Obama's and will always be Obama's.

bbsam

Staff member
That's a bit of convoluted logic but I took 2 Logic courses and you get an "D-" for that logical extraction.

Obamacare is Obama's and will always be Obama's.
And Social Security belongs to whom? Gitmo? Medicare? Iraq/Afghanistan wars?

Did you pass either of your logic courses?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And Social Security belongs to whom? Gitmo? Medicare? Iraq/Afghanistan wars?

Did you pass either of your logic courses?
One of the first things that one does is understand who has responsibility for something.
The second and most important thing is understanding who has ownership.
This usually a pretty hard thing to establish in a large organization.
To find the real owner, one had to find the person/group/committee that can cancel, change the program/product.
Only the owner can do that.

With that information, you can answer you own questions and quit bugging me to educate you. :happy2:

Last edited:

newfie

Unfortunately for the GOP, that breaks the "repeal and replace"promise they made to get elected.

its politics. I'm sure the republicans will read from the same script as Obama did when he would blame the republicans for not participating and accuse them of being obstructionist.

bbsam

Staff member
One of the first things that one does is understand who has responsibility for something.
The second and most important thing is understanding who has ownership.
This usually a pretty hard thing to establish in a karge organization.
To find the real owner, one had to find the person/group/committee that can cancel, change the program/product.
Only the owner can do that.

With that information, you can answer you own questions and quit bugging me to educate you. :happy2:
Who in the US government has the ability at this moment to "cancel, change the program/product"?

The Republican president and his republican Congress. The new owners of Obamacare.

Gee. Just spit it out already. You agree with me and can't stand it.

bbsam

Staff member
its politics. I'm sure the republicans will read from the same script as Obama did when he would blame the republicans for not participating and accuse them of being obstructionist.
Hard to do. The Republicans didn't even participate.