TCD and Transferring Out of State?

Subie_STI

I'm 12 months in as a TCD and want to move out of state. Can I decline the full-time offer and remain a TCD to utilize the educational transfer?

Pros and Cons?

I'm looking to move August 2023.

542thruNthru

I'm 12 months in as a TCD and want to move out of state. Can I decline the full-time offer and remain a TCD to utilize the educational transfer?

Pros and Cons?

Yes you can turn down FT and utilize the educational transfer but just remember you'll drop to the bottom for driving again. So do your research.

Also @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U is correct that will be when the contract is up and the timing may put you on the street depending on the contract negotiations and the areas layoff language.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Pros and Cons?

Are they even going to have a TCD position open where you're moving?

Good chance you would end up back as a loader because you would go to bottom of the PT seniority list.

542thruNthru

You seem to be a little out of touch with the part time staffing issues.
No not necessarily. Like I said depending on his or your layoff language he could easily find himself on the street.

In some areas like mine. If volume drops and FT drivers are laid off they displace two PTers. As they are displaced and volume is dropping that means the most jr PTers will find themselves on the street. 1 FT replaces 2 PT.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
1 FT replaces 2 PT.
Ma'am, I can assure you if they have me loading I will barely replace 0.2 part timers.

I also doubt volume would drop. This isn't 1997 when boomers were afraid to use their real names or credit cards online. The volume has to go somewhere and there simply is no one else that can handle it.

542thruNthru

Ma'am, I can assure you if they have me loading I will barely replace 0.2 part timers.

I also doubt volume would drop. This isn't 1997 when boomers were afraid to use their real names or credit cards online. The volume has to go somewhere and there simply is no one else that can handle it.
Well we can all speculate what's going to happen. I can be sure of one thing though. The southern region will still suck ass.

542thruNthru

We're on the rise again.
Great this is the contract you guys actually pay attention.
200-46.gif

Subie_STI

Yes you can turn down FT and utilize the educational transfer but just remember you'll drop to the bottom for driving again. So do your research.

Also @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U is correct that will be when the contract is up and the timing may put you on the street depending on the contract negotiations and the areas layoff language.
Good point. I think I'll take FT when offered and work out the move details when the time comes.

Subie_STI

Go back to current events.
I would go back as a loader and waitlist to be a driver. A sacrifice, yes, but I'd still be with UPS and have medical. The Goodyear HUB is new and huge, so timing might be in my favor. My hub now is fairly new and that's why I moved up to driver after 11 months as a pre-loader. My other option would be to go FT, then quit, and reapply (maybe during peak season). But, I didn't think about the contract negotiations. Thanks!

wilberforce15

Have any of you guys heard of educational transfers being turned down?

Management here says you can only transfer to a new place if the degree or program isn't offered in your area.
Meaning if a college near you offers a business degree, you can't transfer out for a business degree. Or if they have welding, you can't transfer for welding somewhere else. etc.

Are they just making this up?