TCD part time to full time

Ironhawk

I am approaching my seniority to become full time TCD. However, I am considering remaining part time. Are there any downsides to remaining part time? I know that the money will not be as good, but I have other sources of income. Working part time helps fill the gap in income, and provides insurance. If I remained part time, would I have seniority over other TCD's starting out?

Ironhawk

I am still considered part time. I have not gone full time yet. So, I am a Temporary Cover Driver. I am guessing if I go full time I will be considered a swing driver.

Staydryitsraining

A tcd is someone who generally comes into work every morning not knowing if they are working or what route they will be running. Generally a cover driver is the next step, someone who gets a 40+ hr work week but doesnt get the same route until they have enough seniority to bid a route.

Cementups

Box Monkey
A tcd is someone who generally comes into work every morning not knowing if they are working or what route they will be running. Generally a cover driver is the next step, someone who gets a 40+ hr work week but doesnt get the same route until they have enough seniority to bid a route.

It's all different depending on where you are as to verbiage of cover drivers and TCD's. Our cover drivers only come in when called in. But I know other places they will al come in and if there is no work, they are sent home.

We have part time cover drivers and FT cover drivers and FT bid drivers, in that order.