TDU Convention

705red

Browncafe Steward
The convention is in the Chicago area this year and I was wondering if anyone from the Brown Cafe is planning on coming this year.

I attended the convention several years ago when they were here and its pretty informative. The classes offered are excellent and if you attend you would walk out more confident with the knowledge you gained.

I am planning on attending at least Friday and Saturday classes. I met several members from the cafe last time and now 1 of these members is an elected Teamster official representing UPS members.

http://www.tdu.org/convention

JonFrum

I am interested.
Maybe you could attend as 705Red's invited guest? :wink2:

After all, the Teamsters Conventions are always packed with employer executives as invited guests of the Teamster officials, even though 99% of Teamster members can't attend due to distance, cost, or because they have to work.

brownone

You cant be!!!! Its only for real MEN, UNION men/women!

Hoaxster, You are not missing anything. You take the whole group at the convention and combine them together and you still come up 2 cans short of six pack when it comes to common sense and brains. Red, Take your shot but I am not anti union, in fact I have a good working relationship with my stewards and business agent. They will be skipping the TDU convention by the way....:peaceful:

local804

Hoaxster, You are not missing anything. You take the whole group at the convention and combine them together and you still come up 2 cans short of six pack when it comes to common sense and brains. Red, Take your shot but I am not anti union, in fact I have a good working relationship with my stewards and business agent. They will be skipping the TDU convention by the way....:peaceful:

Dont knock it till you try it......

slantnosechevy

The convention is in the Chicago area this year and I was wondering if anyone from the Brown Cafe is planning on coming this year.

I attended the convention several years ago when they were here and its pretty informative. The classes offered are excellent and if you attend you would walk out more confident with the knowledge you gained.

I am planning on attending at least Friday and Saturday classes. I met several members from the cafe last time and now 1 of these members is an elected Teamster official representing UPS members.

http://www.tdu.org/convention

Would that be your buddy Steve who is going to be on the Hoffa Slate? Politics sure can change a guys outlook on things.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Nothing is mandatory, and while some that attend are over the top, many of teh people that go are concerned with their futures and use this weekend to sharpen their skills.

What local are you?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Would that be your buddy Steve who is going to be on the Hoffa Slate? Politics sure can change a guys outlook on things.

My outlook has not changed, I support Steve because he has shown he has what it takes to be a leader. I still hate Hoffa and think hes a BUM. Fred is not that much better either, we need new blood, not the same old guard!

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
What makes TDU anymore democratic than the plain ole Teamsters? Seems like it's just a more radical version of the Teamsters to me. What's the main difference?

slantnosechevy

My outlook has not changed, I support Steve because he has shown he has what it takes to be a leader. I still hate Hoffa and think hes a BUM. Fred is not that much better either, we need new blood, not the same old guard!
I was talking about Steve's outlook not yours. Hoffa can't set foot in 705's bldg. without a majority of support. So will Stevie sway the membership? Word is he has been told that's part of the deal. He should walk away if he doesn't get in writing the return of autonomy. Flynn at 710 should never go back unless he recieves the same. Both locals have alot of delegates. Hoffa will need everyone of them. Chicago locals had better stand firm on autonomy.

bigblu 2 you

tdu has never done or accomplished anything positive for its members or the teamsters members except try to pocket moneys for their leaders and misinform people.if you ask the right people you will find their roots in communist card carrying defects started in detroit in the mid to late 70s.many bought into their radical change policies but 30 years later and x amount of dollars shorter they have squat to show for progress. if you wanted to hurt a union or any other group how would you start. i would start another group for a more"democratic"union and divide the membership.what would you do?

blue efficacy

tdu has never done or accomplished anything positive for its members or the teamsters members except try to pocket moneys for their leaders and misinform people.if you ask the right people you will find their roots in communist card carrying defects started in detroit in the mid to late 70s.many bought into their radical change policies but 30 years later and x amount of dollars shorter they have squat to show for progress. if you wanted to hurt a union or any other group how would you start. i would start another group for a more"democratic"union and divide the membership.what would you do?
So they want a union that actually looks out for all of its members. That IS radical, I agree.

1timepu

I second that