TEAM FEEDER DRIVER

ManInBrown

Dude no offense but your local is weak as dog poop. Every time I’m down there nothing but contractors parked right on property. One of your shifters got in my face last year about where I dropped a trailer. It was about 3 feet up to far in the spot and the guy almost had a coronary. You have a lot of clowns working out of that building. Only building I’ve seen bigger clowns is in Parsip. Shifters will back right up on the door with a driver rolling the legs down in the next spot. Happened to me once. I chewed that A hole out big time.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Dude no offense but your local is weak as dog poop. Every time I’m down there nothing but contractors parked right on property. One of your shifters got in my face last year about where I dropped a trailer. It was about 3 feet up to far in the spot and the guy almost had a coronary. You have a lot of clowns working out of that building. Only building I’ve seen bigger clowns is in Parsip. Shifters will back right up on the door with a driver rolling the legs down in the next spot. Happened to me once. I chewed that A hole out big time.
Don’t I know it. Surrounded by pansies. During peak the contractors pull their rigs into the employee parking lot and sleep. Lmao, it’s a joke.

rod

Retired 22 years
Driver A sets cruise control. Holds wheel then gets out of seat. Driver B grabs wheel then hops into driver seat. This is while in motion.
Used to do that all the time when we used a friends motorhome for our fishing trips. Never had a problem doing it. Just make sure you pick a long straight stretch of road and watch for cops.

Blackbeauty7123

Seems like a tempting proposition but I’d be concerned about seniority, couldn’t u just get bumped if someone with more seniority decide to bid team? I assume that would bump a lower seniority team driver to on call? Also even though the company is supposed to take some loads off the rails I still see them pulling a slick one after a while...

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Things are very different at cach. They have 2 locals. 705 are city drivers and 710 are road drivers. Almost all feeder drivers are hired off the street.
@FeederHippo, at CACH:
  • Almost all Local 710 (road) drivers are hired off the street
  • Almost all Local 705 (city/yard) drivers are hired ("promoted?") from current Local 705/UPS full (or part) time employees

bread guy

UPS doesn't really work that way, unless you are talking about UPS freight. Every route for regular UPS is bid on based on seniority. Sleeper teams are coming, but they will be assigned in top down/bottom up from bid sheets.

With that said, I'm in the Northwest and I think our center is going to be emergency hiring off the street pretty soon. Apparently the last feeder list that went up had just a few people sign up.
Hoping you can give me some insight on UPS feeder out of Swan Island. I'm thinking about coming on as a package handler with a CDL to get my foot in the door since I hear part timers with CDL will get option for feeder driver after package Driver's. Do you know how many new full time jobs will be created at Swan Island? The union rep mentioned 40 new positions and the HR lady said they have 41 part time feeder drivers now. I understand the waiting for a full time spot to open, but I don't want to leave my current Teamster employer if I know this will be part time for more than a couple years. Do you know if the feeder board has a lot of retirements coming soon? Thanks

BottomFeeder909

Hoping you can give me some insight on UPS feeder out of Swan Island. I'm thinking about coming on as a package handler with a CDL to get my foot in the door since I hear part timers with CDL will get option for feeder driver after package Driver's. Do you know how many new full time jobs will be created at Swan Island? The union rep mentioned 40 new positions and the HR lady said they have 41 part time feeder drivers now. I understand the waiting for a full time spot to open, but I don't want to leave my current Teamster employer if I know this will be part time for more than a couple years. Do you know if the feeder board has a lot of retirements coming soon? Thanks
Lots of baby boomers dying off and retiring or both so it looks like chances are good and then your future

ManInBrown

@FeederHippo, at CACH:
  • Almost all Local 710 (road) drivers are hired off the street
  • Almost all Local 705 (city/yard) drivers are hired ("promoted?") from current Local 705/UPS full (or part) time employees
So off the street guys get all the good jobs? Here all the road jobs go first. Nothing better than hooking up to one load, driving four hours and come back