Teamcare and hurricane

LeadBelly

Banned
How do you anticipate feeling about paying the first $400 of your family's medical bills out of pocket, in the form of an annual deductible next year?

Oops....there goes my 50 cents raise.
I can honestly say I never looked at it that way till now, and think that it is a tough nut to swallow!!!! In my eyes those that are paying a 400$ whole family deductible for the first time ever, negates one of their biannual 50cent raises in the last year of the contract. This is a perspective that I can say I just learned from you. It's amazing how the process of civilized dialogue works!!! Thanks you for this.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How do you anticipate feeling about paying the first $400 of your family's medical bills out of pocket, in the form of an annual deductible next year?

I'm sure you can do the math.

Is $400.00 in a year.... that prohibitive of an obstacle ?

Or, is it just the thought of it.

An additional 15 minutes a week on the clock, will cover it.

Run a misload, deal with traffic, talk to your supervisor, clean your mirrors,

get a sales lead. :biggrin:

The possibilities are endless.... Ask a feeder driver.

-Bug-

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

I just looked up my current plan summary. It is $200.00 per family in 2018.
As far as the one punch a month. Our local president has submitted it as a priority item in negotiations. I agree with my brother from across the Delaware river on that point.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

-Bug-
Translation:

Find a creative, dishonest way to steal the money back from the Company, since the Teamsters negotiated you backwards in the latest contract.

Neat

~Bbbl~™

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I just looked up my current plan summary. It is $200.00 per family in 2018.
As far as the one punch a month. Our local president has submitted it as a priority item in negotiations. I agree with my brother from across the Delaware river on that point.
I suppose your glass is only half empty then?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Translation:

Find a creative, dishonest way to steal the money back from the Company, since the Teamsters negotiated you backwards in the latest contract.

Neat

~Bbbl~™

Wasn't that straight out of the TDU playbook ?

They don't advocate.... what I said ?

-Bug-

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I suppose your glass is only half empty then?
I work full time at "at will" company that has $1500.00 deductible and only covers me ,wife is $500.00 extra per month. I am way better than half empty with our benefits. With 5 weeks vacation,7 personals, and 3 sick days in 2018. I can navigate the 1 punch a week requirement.
PS I always get my 750

LeadBelly

Banned

-Bug-
I agree, but to move forward I think we need to understand how the members feel wronged and address their grievances. We both obviously feel the same way, but we also need to evolve, or evolution will pass us by. My survival mechanisms won't allow me to succumb to extinction without a fight. This is good dialogue and looking at it from others perspective will possibly fix some of the discontent and disconnects.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I work full time at "at will" company that has $1500.00 deductible and only covers me ,wife is $500.00 extra per month. I am way better than half empty with our benefits. With 5 weeks vacation,7 personals, and 3 sick days in 2018. I can navigate the 1 punch a week requirement.
PS I always get my 750
You will be all of that, minus $200, come next year, working for a union Company that is steadily recording record profits, under a collective bargaining agreement.

What's happening at these "at will" companies really isn't germane to the discussion.

LeadBelly

Banned
You will be all of that, minus $200, come next year, working for a union Company that is steadily recording record profits, under a collective bargaining agreement.

What's happening at these "at will" companies really isn't germane to the discussion.
I think it isn't germane or off the table. In order for me to understand you, you need to understand me. That is the beauty of civilized dialogue!!!!! Happy Labor Day brother:);)

LeadBelly

Banned
Wasn't that straight out of the TDU playbook ?

They don't advocate.... what I said ?

-Bug-
How would I know?

I know your frustrated when you go there, LOL!
Let's play a game. I play it with my kids when they get to loud. We play who can not talk the longest. Let's just change the concept to not bring up an organization that is in no way affiliated with the Teamsters or unions as a whole. This would be a positive direction to take the conversation!!!!

Inthegame

I can honestly say I never looked at it that way till now, and think that it is a tough nut to swallow!!!! In my eyes those that are paying a 400$ whole family deductible for the first time ever, negates one of their biannual 50cent raises in the last year of the contract. This is a perspective that I can say I just learned from you. It's amazing how the process of civilized dialogue works!!! Thanks you for this.

Not quite, I'll do the math for youse guys...

The .50 raise you received on 8/1/17 will work out to an additional $650 in your pocket by 2/1/18 @ 47 hours a week. ($520 @ 40 hrs) On 2/1/18 that becomes $1.00 which equates to $1300 by 8/1/18 @ 47 hrs or $1040 @ 40. So from 8/1/17 - 8/1/18 you'll have an additional $1560 - $1950 plus.
In any case you will make more than the onerous possible $200 family deductible.

A point that seems to be missed is UPS, had they kept the insurance, would certainly have bargained for a deductible, much higher than what's coming.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
"A point that seems to be missed is UPS, had they kept the insurance, would certainly have bargained for a deductible, much higher than what's coming."
Well said
In answer to BH it is pertinent to the conversation. You have to look outside the brown bubble (no pun intended) and see what we have compared to the main stream. Our benefits are way above the norm. And yes we work for a company with record profits and we should bargain for a good contract and benefits. We just can't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.
Maybe my view doesn't account for much because I work the extra 19-20 hours a week specifically for the benefits. I just see what is out there and what others are paying.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

So what happens if you go on vacation for a week? No coverage the following week?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not quite, I'll do the math for youse guys...

The .50 raise you received on 8/1/17 will work out to an additional $650 in your pocket by 2/1/18 @ 47 hours a week. ($520 @ 40 hrs) On 2/1/18 that becomes $1.00 which equates to $1300 by 8/1/18 @ 47 hrs or $1040 @ 40. So from 8/1/17 - 8/1/18 you'll have an additional $1560 - $1950 plus.
In any case you will make more than the onerous possible $200 family deductible.

A point that seems to be missed is UPS, had they kept the insurance, would certainly have bargained for a deductible, much higher than what's coming.
I can't do that math without taking my shoes off, and since I'm driving, well....

Either way, that 50 cent raise ain't 50 cents anymore.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Let's play a game. I play it with my kids when they get to loud. We play who can not talk the longest. Let's just change the concept to not bring up an organization that is in no way affiliated with the Teamsters or unions as a whole. This would be a positive direction to take the conversation!!!!
He started it Dad?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That "negotiation" would be termed a "concession" and would continue to be thought of as "unacceptable" from a company in UPS's position by a significant portion of the bargaining unit.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Happy Labor Day brothers:);) When I was in HS I worked at a cemetery where the founder of Labor Day was buried. For 4 summers I had to spiff up the grounds for a $1.25 an hour. Peter J McGuire an Irishman and labor activist.
Peter J Maguire.jpg