Teamcare and hurricane

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Not a good example because all you have to do is go to the doctor and get a note which puts you on disability from the day of the accident. While you are on disability, the Company pays your benefits for every week.

Doesn't matter if you go to see the Doc and get a note,

The Company has always paid your benefits if you were hurt whether monthly or weekly. They continue to do so and if you check the memorandum of understandings behind the national part of the Contract, you see that it guarantees that your disability is paid the exact same. If you have something different by the benefits you were moved to, the difference is paid by the Company. We had a guy go out and the insurance didn't pay till a week. The old benefits paid after 3 days. The Company had to pay him for 2 days.

Well, you may be right where you work, but here, our disability is different. I know of at least four drivers that got billed for treatments they or their family used at medical facilities while their was an "overlap" in coverage. All cases were worked out, after hours of phone calls and emails. Not necessary is all I'm saying.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Well, you may be right where you work, but here, our disability is different. I know of at least four drivers that got billed for treatments they or their family used at medical facilities while their was an "overlap" in coverage. All cases were worked out, after hours of phone calls and emails. Not necessary is all I'm saying.
Some of those guys may have been able to avert that....

....if they were willing to take a whole day off work to part the red tape, negotiating the TeamCare endless loop phone system.

I personally haven't had any problems in my mid-major city market, but as as steward, have heard many stories.

In the end, some reported success, while others never spoke of it again?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

The Teamcare trust agreement is the same for anyone using it.

BrownMonk

You take FMLA for a sprained ankle?

Actually, the way FMLA law reads, the Company can make you take your FMLA time for the year on any injury, family time, death time, baby, etc.....so long as it is the policy for all employees of that Company. The Company can not discriminate between management, Union and Non Union employees. They also have to decide between a rolling year or calendar year for that policy.

MyTripisCut

Actually, the way FMLA law reads, the Company can make you take your FMLA time for the year on any injury, family time, death time, baby, etc.....so long as it is the policy for all employees of that Company. The Company can not discriminate between management, Union and Non Union employees. They also have to decide between a rolling year or calendar year for that policy.
Ummmm, FMLA is not for death. And they certainly can't make or take it for an injury. I'll be putting you on ignore, since you are obviously a troll.

Union Power

Silent member
Ummmm, FMLA is not for death. And they certainly can't make or take it for an injury. I'll be putting you on ignore, since you are obviously a troll.
FMLA can be used for stress. Death of a loved one can lead to stress and depression. FMLA time can be used to cover an injury. The spectrum that FMLA covers is broad.

MyTripisCut

Since this became a teamcare thread again, I'd really like to know what happens, god forbid, we do hit the picket line? FMLA?

BrownMonk

In the event additional time is necessary after the funeral for grieving, paperwork, etc, fmla may be required by the company. Try looking up the law. Law also says that the company can require your fmla time for an injury. Too many go out for 6 months and then want an additional time for event in life. Government sides with the company. Your ignorance is obvious regarding fmla

BrownMonk

Since this became a teamcare thread again, I'd really like to know what happens, god forbid, we do hit the picket line? FMLA?

You do not work for the company if we are on strike. If you are on workers comp, the law requires payment until you are well or bought out. You would have rights to COBRA payments

BrownMonk

In the event additional time is necessary after the funeral for grieving, paperwork, etc, fmla may be required by the company. Try looking up the law. Law also says that the company can require your fmla time for an injury. Too many go out for 6 months and then want an additional time for event in life. Government sides with the company. Your ignorance is obvious regarding fmla

Part time emplyees may not be eligible for flma because of the hours requirement of the law