Teamcare and hurricane

MAKAVELI

You can do everything in your power to organize a perfect campaign, it falls on the employee to not be weak and sign the cards. It's then falls on the union to get a deal done.
It falls on both. Your way of thinking is exactly why FedEx is not unionized. Face it, Freight was a huge failure for the IBT.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It falls on both. Your way of thinking is exactly why FedEx is not unionized. Face it, Freight was a huge failure for the IBT.
Your right. You know it all. You obviously know all the rules, laws and the intricacies of a unionizing campaign. Because the teamsters would hate having all those dues coming in. Good job outing the conspiracy.

MAKAVELI

Your right. You know it all. You obviously know all the rules, laws and the intricacies of a unionizing campaign. Because the teamsters would hate having all those dues coming in. Good job outing the conspiracy.
If were that easy every employer would be unionized. Time to put your big boy pants on and realize you can't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Nothing good is easy, nothing good is free, but I can tell you where to start.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I like the old one unch rule as well but what butthead thinks that they should work one day a monthand receive all benefits. It is a job, not a handout. Work 12 days a year and get bennies for a year. That is the definition of lunacy.

What if your having a catch with your son, and he throws one over your head. You run after it or jump,to catch it, and land on your ankle awkwardly, or your knee gives out. Do you know how many times I have seen guys miss their insurance and get billed because of the lapse of coverage til they get on disability? It's a real problem, not always someone being lazy.

oldngray

nowhere special
What if your having a catch with your son, and he throws one over your head. You run after it or jump,to catch it, and land on your ankle awkwardly, or your knee gives out. Do you know how many times I have seen guys miss their insurance and get billed because of the lapse of coverage til they get on disability? It's a real problem, not always someone being lazy.

All because the union let them get away with weekly coverage.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_2490.JPG
Whatever ya say Tupac.

And Tupacs all ya got

Lmao

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It was a concession, or at least a regression, from what was.
I don't want to hear about what others have or don't have elsewhere, or any other lame excuses why it's OK now, because it isn't.
There just isn't.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I don't want to hear about what others have or don't have elsewhere, or any other lame excuses why it's OK now, because it isn't.
There just isn't.

I am tired of hearing that this is how things are as well. Do people who have higher co-pays and less insurance pay union dues? I don't want to be compared to management, here or anywhere. We are one of the last Unions that has any power. Don't just give it away.

Edit: This contract will be much harder because of the give aways of the last one. Now we have to fight, or risk being reduced to nothing.

Inthegame

There just isn't.
Hmmm...Help me out guys...does NM Article 16 Sec 6 sub (4) not apply in your locals?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

Not a good example because all you have to do is go to the doctor and get a note which puts you on disability from the day of the accident. While you are on disability, the Company pays your benefits for every week.

BrownMonk

There just isn't.

The Company has always paid your benefits if you were hurt whether monthly or weekly. They continue to do so and if you check the memorandum of understandings behind the national part of the Contract, you see that it guarantees that your disability is paid the exact same. If you have something different by the benefits you were moved to, the difference is paid by the Company. We had a guy go out and the insurance didn't pay till a week. The old benefits paid after 3 days. The Company had to pay him for 2 days.

BrownMonk

They even have a code for guys that allow the Company to train someone on their route while they take an unpaid week. I believe it is code 29 which is the same as if you got paid early for your vacation and missed a week with no pay. It pays the benefits for the week. Make sure the sup puts it in.

Union Power

Silent member
There just isn't.
More hoops to jump thru. Why is that? Who negotiated that change anyway? The company is on hard times?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
There just isn't.
Ours are based upon hours per quarter.