TeamCare and Us.

Should we vote NO on TeamCare?

• Absolutely! We deserve better!

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Yes, we haven't been given enough details.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Yes, it's my money they're playing with.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Probably, the trust factor is way down here.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saboteur

Many of us are moving into TeamCare starting January 1st of 2014. This is an enhanced version of the C-6 plan of the Central States. It has been billed as almost a duplicate of the Health Care plan we now have with UPS. Upon further review, this plan was found to be lacking in many areas. Hence the first rejection of the Central States Supplement. Now we are coming up on the 2nd vote. The Union and TeamCare are doing a better job at putting the word out but many details are lacking. I will highlight a few. Trying to get a comprehensive answer from the TeamCare website is futile. We were told that their hours would be expanded to 5 pm CST to handle our questions. As of this writing, they are still closed at 4 pm CST. Their live "conference calls" contain prerecorded information and no details about the plan. Just general overviews. At a live informational meeting held at our Local 554 building in Omaha Ne., we discovered 2 glaring pitfalls in the coverage. Local 554 covers a huge geographical area. This includes a lot of small towns and rural communities. Our "big" cities are few and far apart. TeamCare neglected to tell us that Quest Diagnostic and US Imagery, used for lab work, and x-rays / MRIs respectfully, are located only in the bigger cities. My city of 90,000+ has neither of these groups. So my cost would be 20% up to a $1,000/year. An oversight on the part of TeamCare? I don't think so. While this plan is better than the original that was shot down in the first vote, this is no where near what we will be giving up. Too many details in this plan are lacking to warrant a yes vote. I encourage every one of us to ask the hard, detailed questions of TeamCare and your own Locals. If the answers you get are lacking of needed and vital information, send them back to the table with a "NO" vote.

InsideUPS

What a surprise...L554 isn't endorsing the TA. No connection to politics here I'm sure.

Inthegame....does someone in L554 have "political aspirations?".... just not familiar with this local...

As for me....I'm ignoring some of the contributors that have 2013 join dates here on BC......it just isn't worth the time to argue with those that have no vested interest in maintaining their job at UPS...

Inthegame

Inthegame....does someone in L554 have "political aspirations?".... just not familiar with this local...

As for me....I'm ignoring some of the contributors that have 2013 join dates here on BC......it just isn't worth the time to argue with those that have no vested interest in maintaining their job at UPS...
And ignoring those posters once again prove your wisdom. L554 PO Jim Sheard ran with L89's Zuckerman on the Gegare ticket against Hoffa/Hall.

Saboteur

Who said I was impartial? I am partial! I'm partial to a good deal for the Hourlies I represent as their Steward of 25+ years. While I have read the posts at BrownCafe for years, I didn't really have the time to partake of some of these discussions. With representing the workers at my Center, and going to school events of my 4 kids, I just didn't have a lot of extra time. Besides, many of these posts seem to devolve into name-calling and mud-slinging anyway. But, I feel with what I perceive as a poor substitute of our Health Care plan about to be thrust upon us, something needed to be said. Why are you for TeamCare, anonymous?

Saboteur

Yes, Jim Sheard, the Secretary Treasurer of Local 554 ran against James Hoffa/ hall on the Fred Gregare ticket. I thought he and Fred ran a good race but were obviously defeated in the election. The general officers of 554 pushed quite hard for the 1st incarnation of TeamCare. Not quite so hard on the 2nd (current) one. I disagree with them and they know this. I responded to anonymous about why I hadn't officially "joined" BC in this thread. I hope the moderator posts my reply soon. What are your thoughts concerning TeamCare?