Teamcare

Atomic_Smurf

So do you think the 200,000 cap a year in teamcare is worse than the 500,000 lifetime cap on the company plan?
Depends. If your one big insurance need is a cancer battle, heart or brain surgery, liver transplant etc. that goes over $200k then you may be left with a hefty bill. At today's rates, there are many medical emergency's that go over that amount.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Depends. If your one big insurance need is a cancer battle, heart or brain surgery, liver transplant etc. that goes over $200k then you may be left with a hefty bill. At today's rates, there are many medical emergency's that go over that amount.

Sent using BrownCafe App
There is no answer?

Last edited:

Foamer Pyle

My healthcare has only improved due to the Afforable Healthcare Act. Lifetime maximums have been removed, my children are covered until age 26 and mental health benefits are vastly better.

Take your conservative, union hating mentality and go work for FedEx. See if you can negotiate better benefits than you get at Brown.
Never said "anywhere" in my post that I was anti union, that is an assumption on your part. Obama care has hurt most insured folks, not helped. Still doesn't change my feelings, whining Liberals, like yourself, are ruining America. Sorry, I do not believe in my tax dollars being used to support people that are just to lazy to support themselves.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Foamer Pyle

I can't stand truck drivers who think they make enough money to be Republican.
Personally, I try to drink a little of all the "Kool-Aid" out there, and end up spitting bits and pieces from them all.
Neither side is to be trusted.
I see you have the pre conceived notion that all Republicans are rich? I used to be a registered Democrat, but the modern day Liberals have turned into something I cannot stomach. Oh, I am quite happy with my 90k salary.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Foamer Pyle

My healthcare has only improved due to the Afforable Healthcare Act. Lifetime maximums have been removed, my children are covered until age 26 and mental health benefits are vastly better.

Take your conservative, union hating mentality and go work for FedEx. See if you can negotiate better benefits than you get at Brown.
Give any guns you have to Obama, and let him know that you would like to pay extra in taxes to fund his Liberal agenda. Income has nothing to do with being a Republican. More like, believing in less government and personal responsibility. I used to have your mindset. Before you get all froggy, remember that greed in unions brought down all of the other industries that they used to flourish in. You can get to greedy in this one too, and find yourself replaced by the Lazership folks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Give any guns you have to Obama, and let him know that you would like to pay extra in taxes to fund his Liberal agenda. Income has nothing to do with being a Republican. More like, believing in less government and personal responsibility. I used to have your mindset. Before you get all froggy, remember that greed in unions brought down all of the other industries that they used to flourish in. You can get to greedy in this one too, and find yourself replaced by the Lazership folks.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Please explain

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Never said "anywhere" in my post that I was anti union, that is an assumption on your part. Obama care has hurt most insured folks, not helped. Still doesn't change my feelings, whining Liberals, like yourself, are ruining America. Sorry, I do not believe in my tax dollars being used to support people that are just to lazy to support themselves.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Never said "anywhere" in my post that I was a whining liberal, that is an assumption on your part. Consider myself an independant voter and will vote for a persons overall agenda and not a party.

Foamer Pyle

Oh really? Please elaborate on this issue.....
Here you go, in case you are to young to remember. The steel industry in this country was union, and is all but gone. The auto industry, airlines, and most other manufacturing jobs. You see, it is possible to get to a point where you over value your employment. All of those industries were profitable, and I am sure the employees wanted more, and more, and more. It is ignorant to say that just because a company makes a profit, everyone deserves a raise.
History is on my side on this one. If you don't believe that the same thing that happened to those other industries, could not happen to ours, you are a fool. Greed will kill you every time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Foamer Pyle

Please explain
Not sure what you want explained, but I will assume that you are referring to Lazer ship. Maybe you have not seen them in your area yet. Amazon is using a supposedly, in house currier service for much of their Amazon Prime deliveries. The irony here is that those drivers are using the same diads we use to deliver their packages. I was told my a reliable management source that those drivers are actually employed by UPS, just under the name "Lazer Ship." UPS could have started a low cost delivery service for Amazon. I cannot validate what I was told, but the fact that they use diads, sure does warrant some speculation.

Sent using BrownCafe App

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Here you go, in case you are to young to remember. The steel industry in this country was union, and is all but gone. The auto industry, airlines, and most other manufacturing jobs. You see, it is possible to get to a point where you over value your employment. All of those industries were profitable, and I am sure the employees wanted more, and more, and more. It is ignorant to say that just because a company makes a profit, everyone deserves a raise.
History is on my side on this one. If you don't believe that the same thing that happened to those other industries, could not happen to ours, you are a fool. Greed will kill you every time.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Sigh...this is a played out and proven to be incorrect argument for those industries going tits up. I am prepared to accept that the unions had a small role...maybe a third of the problem in those industries disappearing. The main reason those industries are gone is good ol' NAFTA. When we became non competitive those industries tanked. It had little to do with the union. You can thank Reagan, Bush H, and Clinton for NAFTA. Clinton gave us the big finger when he signed it into law. But the Reagan and Bush administration started them and Congress pushed them through.

Foamer Pyle

Sigh...this is a played out and proven to be incorrect argument for those industries going tits up. I am prepared to accept that the unions had a small role...maybe a third of the problem in those industries disappearing. The main reason those industries are gone is good ol' NAFTA. When we became non competitive those industries tanked. It had little to do with the union. You can thank Reagan, Bush H, and Clinton for NAFTA. Clinton gave us the big finger when he signed it into law. But the Reagan and Bush administration started them and Congress pushed them through.
Incorrect by whom? A Liberal think tank? NAFTA had nothing to do with the airline industry or U.S. Auto makers. However, high wages caused them to be unprofitable, and forced thousands out of work, and the ones left were forced to accept lower wages. Also, in the auto industry, the unions would not allow the auto makers to modernize, because it would have meant fewer jobs.

I will admit that trade laws had an impact on the steel industry. However, that is because China could make and export steel here cheaper than the Union labor here could make it. Your to naive.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Sent using BrownCafe App
You can't blame union's for mismanagement. You forgot to mention the bread company that went out of business. Hostess over leveraged their business and didn't invest back into the business. You can't blame that on the union.

Stonefish

Incorrect by whom? A Liberal think tank? NAFTA had nothing to do with the airline industry or U.S. Auto makers. However, high wages caused them to be unprofitable, and forced thousands out of work, and the ones left were forced to accept lower wages. Also, in the auto industry, the unions would not allow the auto makers to modernize, because it would have meant fewer jobs.

I will admit that trade laws had an impact on the steel industry. However, that is because China could make and export steel here cheaper than the Union labor here could make it. Your to naive.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Deregulation had everything to do with the demise of the trucking industry and airline industry.

Hostess: as the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256. How is that the fault of the union? Oh, it only forces them out of business when it's the union??

So now that the ones that are left were forced to accept lower wages why aren't the jobs coming back? Private sector unions are approximately 7% of the country. Whey aren't the other 93% coming back? As far as people blaming unions not allowing auto makers to modernize what happened at UPS the are big on technology and profitability. Sounds like more mismanagement on the part of other industries.

It isn't the union driving the costs up it the regulations they have here and don't have them in other countries

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Deregulation had everything to do with the demise of the trucking industry and airline industry.

Hostess: as the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256. How is that the fault of the union? Oh, it only forces them out of business when it's the union??

So now that the ones that are left were forced to accept lower wages why aren't the jobs coming back? Private sector unions are approximately 7% of the country. Whey aren't the other 93% coming back? As far as people blaming unions not allowing auto makers to modernize what happened at UPS the are big on technology and profitability. Sounds like more mismanagement on the part of other industries.

It isn't the union driving the costs up it the regulations they have here and don't have them in other countries
You aren't going to change his mind...back...again