Teamster blasting Rush Limbaugh

labels_up

Box slinger
Yeah, I never understood the "hope and change" thing....

"Hope" denotes passively wishing for something rather than actively seeking to solve a problem.

"Change" is neither inherently good, or bad. Losing my job or getting shot in the leg would be classified as "change" but I would not be in favor of either, obviously...

sano

soberups;557568 Limbaugh is nothing more than a hypocritical said:
I think people take Limbaugh way too serious. In his own book he says that his highest goal is to make the best radio program he can. for him it is not about the politics, but about entertainment. So why should I get all worked up about his show when he himself says his goal when he sits down behind the microphone is to make the best radio show possible.

I look at all these guys like I look at McDonald's, taste good for a change, but not much nutritional value and would cause harm if you consumed it every day.

Leftinbuilding

soberups;557568 Limbaugh is nothing more than a hypocritical said:
I think people take Limbaugh way too serious. In his own book he says that his highest goal is to make the best radio program he can. for him it is not about the politics, but about entertainment. So why should I get all worked up about his show when he himself says his goal when he sits down behind the microphone is to make the best radio show possible.

I look at all these guys like I look at McDonald's, taste good for a change, but not much nutritional value and would cause harm if you consumed it every day.

Rush may be an entertainer first, but to deny he has his finger on the pulse of this nation is ridiculous. No one has done more to expose the shenanigans of our gov't in general, and democrats in particular than he has. That is why he is hated by Washington.

filthpig

I'm a Teamster and a conservative. Not one of these nancy-assed congressman types either. I'm old school. I think abortion is wrong and that homosexuality is a sin. I disagree with Rush on a few things, but agree with him on most.
I think as long as I do my best at what I do, I'll have a job and money. It has little to do with the Teamsters. It's mostly about me. So I really don't care what Rush thinks. I can't change it.
Oh yeah, I don't like illegals either.

filthpig

And another thing...
I guess you heard that Colin Powell's Kool Aid is wearing off? He's urging Obama to be "very very careful" with how much money he spends.
Thanks for taking time to analyze who you're going to throw in with. 'Preciate that.

tourists24

I'm a Teamster and a conservative. Not one of these nancy-assed congressman types either. I'm old school. I think abortion is wrong and that homosexuality is a sin. I disagree with Rush on a few things, but agree with him on most.
I think as long as I do my best at what I do, I'll have a job and money. It has little to do with the Teamsters. It's mostly about me. So I really don't care what Rush thinks. I can't change it.
Oh yeah, I don't like illegals either.
Well I guess that just makes you a hate monger now doesnt it..... Shame on you... You probably dont like Obama either,,,, that makes you a racist also

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And another thing...
I guess you heard that Colin Powell's Kool Aid is wearing off? He's urging Obama to be "very very careful" with how much money he spends.
Thanks for taking time to analyze who you're going to throw in with. 'Preciate that.
Yeah kinda like shuttin the barn door after all the horses and cows escaped.
There goes our wealth, he only voted for Obama coz he was black and so is he. Call me a racist, thats what his 95% of the black vote was. RACIST. While McCain was far from the best candidate, he would have been better than this.
At least they both served their country. Obama only serves to destroy. But he has lots of help with all the idiots in congress and a few comedians.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe everyone is too young to remember the comedy team of Franken & Davis (Tom Davis).

They were pretty funny at the time. Penn & Teller kept their team together and Franken & Davis split up. I remember from that point on, Al Franken wrote for several comedy shows.

I don't much care for the guy now.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well I guess that just makes you a hate monger now doesnt it..... Shame on you... You probably dont like Obama either,,,, that makes you a racist also
I find it quite strange that those who adore O have such little regard for those who don't. Why must they always stoop to bad name calling to solidify their positions ? ( if you ain't with them your a 'racist' ) ? We is all that love & compassion that they always preach about ?

Solidarity413

I would love to work with some of you guys. It doesn't seem like drivers get too much time to talk about politics. In the hub, we work next to each other and I would presume have more time to talk. So that means all you guys transfer and come work in the hub.
In our centers I know the drivers meet up at some bar on thursdays, do you guys do that?

Better yet we can chat it up at the next tea-bagging party :rofl:

Okay that one was a joke ^^

tieguy

Banned
What I find pathetic is the way that the Republican Party has been reduced to groveling at the feet of Rush Limbaugh for approval.

Limbaugh is nothing more than a hypocritical, right-wing empty suit with a drug habit....yet somehow he has become (in his own mind at least) the mouthpiece of Republicanism.

Someone in the Republican party needs to grow a pair and tell him to shut the %$#@ up. He is driving away the moderates and anyone with an open mind who can think for themselves, and reducing the GOP to being the neocon party of right wing extremists.

Do we also tell the Liberal fanatics on MSNBC to shut up or just Limbaugh?

How about the fat liberal slob that does all the slanted documentaries? Are you ready to tell him to shut up too?

Leftinbuilding

What I find pathetic is the way that the Republican Party has been reduced to groveling at the feet of Rush Limbaugh for approval.

Limbaugh is nothing more than a hypocritical, right-wing empty suit with a drug habit....yet somehow he has become (in his own mind at least) the mouthpiece of Republicanism.

Someone in the Republican party needs to grow a pair and tell him to shut the %$#@ up. He is driving away the moderates and anyone with an open mind who can think for themselves, and reducing the GOP to being the neocon party of right wing extremists.

Interesting. If you really believed that, you would want Limbaugh to continue on. I know, that you know, he is very effective. Hence the desire to shut him up.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would love to work with some of you guys. It doesn't seem like drivers get too much time to talk about politics. In the hub, we work next to each other and I would presume have more time to talk. So that means all you guys transfer and come work in the hub.
In our centers I know the drivers meet up at some bar on thursdays, do you guys do that?

Better yet we can chat it up at the next tea-bagging party :rofl:

Okay that one was a joke ^^
No we dont get time to talk politics at work, the few of us with conservative thought do however find time now and then. But not at a bar since it is illegal, I believe to drink and drive. The obligatory Obama kids, (college children who know everything) meet us at the pumps, or while parking their trucks to spew their daily talking points about the wonder of Obama. And condemn us for whatever we may be listening to on the radio.
I would have liked to meet up with my neighbors at our tea party, but I got home from work too late. Farmers, former car dealers, former UAW workers, who had the day off, laid off, and others who got home early enough made it a success.

Solidarity413

No we dont get time to talk politics at work, the few of us with conservative thought do however find time now and then. But not at a bar since it is illegal, I believe to drink and drive. The obligatory Obama kids, (college children who know everything) meet us at the pumps, or while parking their trucks to spew their daily talking points about the wonder of Obama. And condemn us for whatever we may be listening to on the radio.
I would have liked to meet up with my neighbors at our tea party, but I got home from work too late. Farmers, former car dealers, former UAW workers, who had the day off, laid off, and others who got home early enough made it a success.

I'm confused on if you thought I meant the drivers go back to work after going to the bar? They do this on their free time. Why the quip?

Funny you talk about daily talking points being only on the left. The right does the best job of sticking to their talking points whether it be Rush,Beck, or Fox. So in that respect the left is actually jealous of how well the right sticks to their talking points of the day. Since when did college students become villains? I'm a little bitter at them too, but seems like you have some hatred there.

Where at in Ohio do you live if I can ask? I'm from Lorain and live in Columbus, here in Columbus our "tea" party the first time around was pretty big. But the second time around without the daily reminders on Fox it was lucky to be half of that. Former UAW workers?!?! This is why I ask where you live at in Ohio, where I come from a Auto worker who went to a TEA party would only go to laugh at them.

Sorry to get all serious for a second I know this thread isn't, but I had to :wink2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm confused on if you thought I meant the drivers go back to work after going to the bar? They do this on their free time. Why the quip?

Funny you talk about daily talking points being only on the left. The right does the best job of sticking to their talking points whether it be Rush,Beck, or Fox. So in that respect the left is actually jealous of how well the right sticks to their talking points of the day. Since when did college students become villains? I'm a little bitter at them too, but seems like you have some hatred there.

Where at in Ohio do you live if I can ask? I'm from Lorain and live in Columbus, here in Columbus our "tea" party the first time around was pretty big. But the second time around without the daily reminders on Fox it was lucky to be half of that. Former UAW workers?!?! This is why I ask where you live at in Ohio, where I come from a Auto worker who went to a TEA party would only go to laugh at them.

Sorry to get all serious for a second I know this thread isn't, but I had to :wink2:
Alot of our UAW workers, who lost their jobs Lordstown, Ohio, the nearest are not happy. I dont blame them. And no they dont laugh at our tea parties, they attend them. And help organize them. And are very unhappy that they are unemployed when they voted for the guy who was saving their job.

TheDick

Alot of our UAW workers, who lost their jobs Lordstown, Ohio, the nearest are not happy. I dont blame them. And no they dont laugh at our tea parties, they attend them. And help organize them. And are very unhappy that they are unemployed when they voted for the guy who was saving their job.

Too bad GM Mgmnt didnt save their jobs by putting out quality cars in the first damn place. And not assembling them in MX an Canada.
My Nissan Titan was assembled here, how did the japanese figure that out?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Come-on down to Cambridge Ma, a hot spot of the messiah voters. Check out all the cars they drive; every luxury brand except GM.