Teamster drivers cry..... Waaaahhh...90 dollas a week towards my healthcare

BROWNHOG

Re: Teamster drivers cry..... Waaaahhh...90 dollars a week towards my healthcare

Smoke and mirrors. Wait until obama care kicks in. Think paying for you benefits is wrong ? When they go away because of the expense, we will all be in the insurance pool. 90 bucks a week ? Please ! Your going to pay something because everybody else in every other industry has to. 90 dollars a week is a big red herring to hype people up so someone can tell you " we beat down ups to a reasonable and negotiated lower healthcare payment. This contract is a done deal no matter what you hear

MAKAVELI

For a lot less
You seem to know a lot.Left right,whatever.Ups drivers work way harder than express.
Imagine your route,with the Fedex ground and home volume all in one day.
Every day.The production harassment,the telematics,no send agains,punch out by 7pm crap
we suffer through,we deserve every penny.The recent threat to reduce benefits is not acceptable
for a company that does very well.Ups is not Fedex.We are always hiring.

I see a lot of fat bastards in brown trucks that don't move very fast. How do they get so fat if they are busting their balls 12 hours a day? The truth is most express drivers go through the same crap you described for half the pay. We may not have as much volume but your areas tend to be more condensed. And in a lot of metro areas that volume gap is almost none. So save the bs for some ignorant person not in this industry.

bbsam

Staff member
I see a lot of fat bastards in brown trucks that don't move very fast. How do they get so fat if they are busting their balls 12 hours a day? The truth is most express drivers go through the same crap you described for half the pay. We may not have as much volume but your areas tend to be more condensed. And in a lot of metro areas that volume gap is almost none. So save the bs for some ignorant person not in this industry.
Don't worry. Soon you will be part-time and can be a fat bastard in a white truck.

MAKAVELI

Don't worry. Soon you will be part-time and can be a fat bastard in a white truck.

Na, I'll be long gone before that happens. But thanks for the encouraging words. But if I did, I'd still be making more than your drivers.

MAKAVELI

Na, I'll be long gone before that happens. But thanks for the encouraging words. But if I did, I'd still be making more than your drivers.
But you'll never come close to making as much as me.:happy-very:

Wouldn't want to if meant eating like a king and my workers going to the local food bank and using food stamps at the grocery store. If that is your idea of happiness than go for it. Not mine.

bbsam

Staff member
Wouldn't want to if meant eating like a king and my workers going to the local food bank and using food stamps at the grocery store. If that is your idea of happiness than go for it. Not mine.

I happen to know all of my drivers very well and not one of them fits your sad little stereotype.

MAKAVELI

I happen to know all of my drivers very well and not one of them fits your sad little stereotype.

I actually know a few in my area that do. Mmmm....... That steak and lobster must taste good.

STFXG

Where I'll be living I'll live as well on my small pension as you do on much more. Should've got yourself a pension.:happy-very:

Let me remind you that our routes get sold when we retire. Currently they are selling for 60-90k each in my area. Not a bad little retirement fund when you have multiple routes...

MAKAVELI

Where I'll be living I'll live as well on my small pension as you do on much more. Should've got yourself a pension.:happy-very:

Let me remind you that our routes get sold when we retire. Currently they are selling for 60-90k each in my area. Not a bad little retirement fund when you have multiple routes...

And yet FedEx can pull the plug on your scam at anytime. Not very smart to rely on that for retirement.

STFXG

No ones relying on it. That's beyond Roth IRAs and other investments. But a nice little chunk of cash IF we sell before "Fred screws us".

vantexan

You'll pay hefty taxes on capital gains. At any rate you'll need every penny retiring in the States. And unless your drivers have something like a military pension coming in they'll most likely have to keep working until they drop because Ground doesn't provide anything for them. Another thing to keep in mind is when Ground rts didn't cost much there were plenty of takers. Might not be as easy to sell them at these prices. May have to substantially reduce their price.