Teamster-UPS National 401k Tax Plan

Remmy87

Hey guys. I've been a seasonal driver helper since mid November. I got the tax plan in the mail a few days ago. I am trying to get in part time after season. All of my drivers have complimented me and told me they'd put a good word in for me. I never leave any boxes for them to deliver and I average 17 to 18 an hour and my route is pretty spread out. Do all seasonal helpers get the teamster 401k tax plan? Thanks for any responses.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hey guys. I've been a seasonal driver helper since mid November. I got the tax plan in the mail a few days ago. I am trying to get in part time after season. All of my drivers have complimented me and told me they'd put a good word in for me. I never leave any boxes for them to deliver and I average 17 to 18 an hour and my route is pretty spread out. Do all seasonal helpers get the teamster 401k tax plan? Thanks for any responses.
The way you are wording this it seems like you're a golf cart helper of sorts. Question I have is why would they be sending you benefit information if you're just seasonal, this is the first I've heard of this.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If you wanted to be smart , regardless if you a job next week or not.
Then establish a Roth Account first .
Should you end up staying at UPS longer then if you can afford it then do both ( Roth & 401K ).
I used to take every pay increase and add that amount into the 401K.

Remmy87

Yes Jack I am a golf cart helper. I was a little confused why I got the benefit plan as well seeing as how I was seasonal unless someone inside had already decided they would hire me on after season because I am doing a good job. A 30 + year and 20 + year driver has praised me to supervisors inside about my work ethic so that's definitely a plus.

Gear

Parts on Order
Just google searched it. I need to move south, no golf carts around my house. All the pictures had brothers driving. Whats up with that?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Yes Jack I am a golf cart helper. I was a little confused why I got the benefit plan as well seeing as how I was seasonal unless someone inside had already decided they would hire me on after season because I am doing a good job. A 30 + year and 20 + year driver has praised me to supervisors inside about my work ethic so that's definitely a plus.

This is akin to you getting a pre-approved gold Mastercard application.
You were on a list of eligible recipients (UPS employee), but once they underwrite you, you'd be ineligible.

The way you are wording this it seems like you're a golf cart helper of sorts. Question I have is why would they be sending you benefit information if you're just seasonal, this is the first I've heard of this.

As a helper (just a regular jumper, no golf cart or anything), I got one of those 401(k) info postcards, too. I think I got it either early this past week or sometime last week.

But considering the position ends after next week (assuming I even get called in, sounded unlikely), and there hasn't been any word of getting a referral to another position, I didn't give it much thought. With the nonsense loads we got sometimes, I learned not to attribute logic to everything I get from the company.