Teamster western region and local 177 ins. Issues

LagunaBrown

I was charged 20% co-pay for my in network dr.. I was only there bc I had a cold!
So you just paid it? Never talked to your BA and complain about it on Browncafe?

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

Last edited:

over10.5

Just watched the video and noticed a huge loophole on the death Benefit. So if you use a out of network doctor within a 2 year period of dying your family won't be eligable for the insurance. That's total BS. Why have a loophole attached except to void most members.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There are many problems with our "new" insurance in the west.

For starters, employees with children who have diabetes have to settle for the "cheapest" form of insulin, as the insulin that was previously covered under our UPS plan is NO LONGER COVERED by the west insurance plan.

Its a struggle for parents as their childrens doctors are saying they shouldnt be on the "cheap stuff". If parents want the stuff they have been getting, most of the cost comes out of the EMPLOYEES pockets.

Secondly, another little secret with our insurance in the west. IF you dont have ONE compensatable hour in a workweek ( IE: a driver takes an R week) your insurance is CANCELLED for that week!

If you are out of vacation, FHP or any other form of holiday pay, and you need a week off, your insurance will be CANCELLED immediately that week for you and your dependents.

We have already seen this happen. Its no mistake. Its in the plan.

Feeder drivers who have seniority who sometimes takes a week off with no pay will be affected by this clause more than others.

Gee, I wonder why Andy M didnt mention this at the insurance meetings or anywhere else for that matter?

Look it up.

TOS.

LagunaBrown

Just watched the video and noticed a huge loophole on the death Benefit. So if you use a out of network doctor within a 2 year period of dying your family won't be eligable for the insurance. That's total BS. Why have a loophole attached except to void most members.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I have to look into it. Obviously stay in network.

LagunaBrown

For starters, employees with children who have diabetes have to settle for the "cheapest" form of insulin, as the insulin that was previously covered under our UPS plan is NO LONGER COVERED by the west insurance plan.

Its a struggle for parents as their childrens doctors are saying they shouldnt be on the "cheap stuff". If parents want the stuff they have been getting, most of the cost comes out of the EMPLOYEES pockets.

Secondly, another little secret with our insurance in the west. IF you dont have ONE compensatable hour in a workweek ( IE: a driver takes an R week) your insurance is CANCELLED for that week!

If you are out of vacation, FHP or any other form of holiday pay, and you need a week off, your insurance will be CANCELLED immediately that week for you and your dependents.

Feeder drivers who have seniority who sometimes takes a week off with no pay will be affected by this clause more than others.

Gee, I wonder why Andy M didnt mention this at the insurance meetings or anywhere else for that matter?

Look it up.

TOS.

I don't know about the insulin but let's be honest, the weekly punch was no secret..... How many unpaid R-weeks (for no reason) have you taken off in your life? Essentially what your saying is that you want to work one day a month (12 days a year) and be covered for the whole year (Family included)??????? TOS please tell me how that is that realistic in a Taft Hartley plan???? If members have serious issues they need to call the HRSC and apply for FMLA or go on to disability if injured. Both of these keep your insurance benefits active.

"The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year. It also requires that their group health benefits be maintained during the leave."

TOS, we all know what your doing is political and your can save that for your local election. These guys need help navigating bumps in a new plan so please come to help the members find solutions instead of working your agenda..... What did your Agent say about the insulin when you brought it up to him?

over10.5

We have a son with autism and unfortunately our insurance doesn't cover any related therapy for autism. We go out of network every week for his doctor. So I guess my family isn't eligible for the death benefit. (This isn't the 20% co-insurance I initially posted about)

Sent using BrownCafe App

LagunaBrown

We have a son with autism and unfortunately our insurance doesn't cover any related therapy for autism. We go out of network every week for his doctor. So I guess my family isn't eligible for the death benefit. (This isn't the 20% co-insurance I initially posted about)

Sent using BrownCafe App

Why are you unable to use an in network doctor?

Returntosender

TOS.
Employee gets hurt during vacation, can't report to work next week. Lose insurance coverage for that week, visits doctor pays full costs out of pocket. That is quick way into debt.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!

Look it up.

TOS.
Because Andy M is a tool and his followers blinder then a bat.

ikoi62

Look it up.

TOS.

This is all nothing new and is not a secret,if you had been to a meeting or read any of the mailings you would have heard about it.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Sorry to hear abou

Sent using BrownCafe App
Sorry to hear about your situation. But lets not forget who to blame for this garbage: Andy M and every local and UPS BA in the Southwest for being cowards and not questioning how bad this garbage has turned out to be.