Teamster western region and local 177 ins. Issues

LagunaBrown

Its not covering speech therapies or disllexic therapies either.
How would you know everything you post is second hand.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

LagunaBrown

Sorry to hear abou

Sorry to hear about your situation. But lets not forget who to blame for this garbage: Andy M and every local and UPS BA in the Southwest for being cowards and not questioning how bad this garbage has turned out to be.

Says the guy that wanted everyone to vote no and go into Teamcare. You do know the Company plan did not cover the autism either...... So now you have to decide what is better for the members....... The 6 months of coverage (then COBRA) after your death in the Company plan or 5 years of coverage in the new Teamsters Western Region & Local 177 Health Care Plan (but you have to use in network doctors to qualify)? Obviously the majority got a better deal due to Andy M in this situation but I do feel bad for this member and hope it can get fixed.

jpf75

Mr. Bojangles u are wrong the company plan is a live and well im in it.. we voted no here at 710. we have the balls to stand up for what we believe in... and was told we will be in it until the contract is settled..

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
You local being placed into trusteeship has delayed you going into Garbage Care. Keep up the fight and make sure to vote out the crooks that sold you out in 2016.

upsczar

Anyone else in the new carve out plan being hit up with a 20% co-insurance while seeing in-network doctors? Also Urgent Care? (In -network) no longer covered at 100% like under our old ups plan? I can't find any info on the local 177 & western region healthcare website. Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App
sorry to hear about ur ordeal. My situation is financially devastating. Under the ups company plan my son's hearing aids were paid at 100%. The new plan will only cover up to $2000.00. That leaves me with an $8000.00 bill. I have been in contact with my BA. The final decision from Andy M. is that it is what it is. The trustees cannot amend the plan. The new benefit coverage for hearing aids was never disclose to us during the contract meetings. I feel that i need to seek legal counsel.

upsczar

Anyone else in the new carve out plan being hit up with a 20% co-insurance while seeing in-network doctors? Also Urgent Care? (In -network) no longer covered at 100% like under our old ups plan? I can't find any info on the local 177 & western region healthcare website. Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App
There are many problems with our "new" insurance in the west.

For starters, employees with children who have diabetes have to settle for the "cheapest" form of insulin, as the insulin that was previously covered under our UPS plan is NO LONGER COVERED by the west insurance plan.

Its a struggle for parents as their childrens doctors are saying they shouldnt be on the "cheap stuff". If parents want the stuff they have been getting, most of the cost comes out of the EMPLOYEES pockets.

Secondly, another little secret with our insurance in the west. IF you dont have ONE compensatable hour in a workweek ( IE: a driver takes an R week) your insurance is CANCELLED for that week!

If you are out of vacation, FHP or any other form of holiday pay, and you need a week off, your insurance will be CANCELLED immediately that week for you and your dependents.

We have already seen this happen. Its no mistake. Its in the plan.

Feeder drivers who have seniority who sometimes takes a week off with no pay will be affected by this clause more than others.

Gee, I wonder why Andy M didnt mention this at the insurance meetings or anywhere else for that matter?

Look it up.

TOS.

upsczar

sorry to hear about ur ordeal. My situation is financially devastating. Under the ups company plan my son's hearing aids were paid at 100%. The new plan will only cover up to $2000.00. That leaves me with an $8000.00 bill. I have been in contact with my BA. The final decision from Andy M. is that it is what it is. The trustees cannot amend the plan. The new benefit coverage for hearing aids was never disclose to us during the contract meetings. I feel that i need to seek legal counsel.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...al-177-ins-issues.357412/page-2#ixzz38jhuC874

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Sorry to hear about that brother. It's upsetting how everyday we're finding out more and more bad news about this garbage that tool Andy M came up with. Andy M and every leader and BA in the Southwest and Local 177 that endorsed this should be blamed for it and be called out for their betrayal of their memebers.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Sorry to hear about that brother. It's upsetting how everyday we're finding out more and more bad news about this garbage that tool Andy M came up with. Andy M and every leader and BA in the Southwest and Local 177 that endorsed this should be blamed for it and be called out for their betrayal of their memebers.
I kept telling you guys to vote no to not go into Teamcare. You voted me into it. Thanks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Did you ask the question? If you wanted them to go through every possibility out there, you would still be attending the initial meeting. Check with the company that makes those hearing aids, maybe they have a subsidy program. Good luck.

upsczar

Did you ask the question? If you wanted them to go through every possibility out there, you would still be attending the initial meeting. Check with the company that makes those hearing aids, maybe they have a subsidy program. Good luck.

The initial comparison flyers that were handed out during the indoctrination seminars had hearing aids covered at 100%. It wasn't until later (after the vote) that the details were disclosed. I will apply for MEDICAL benefits and see if that helps.

upsczar

Our local voted it down but our vote was overshadowed by the larger locals. Local elections are coming in 2016. I have always voted...just need my fellow teamsters to vote. I am sure this contract will be a wake up call for many of the sheeple. Thanks

upsczar

I kept telling you guys to vote no to not go into Teamcare. You voted me into it. Thanks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Too many of the members are insousciance. Many are preoccupied and fixated on an hourly raise. Is not until an illness comes home and then the rant begins. Teamcare is a colossal failure in the sense that the union capitulated. WE were getting better contracts when ups was making less annual profit. We are expected to make 5billion this year. More profit than any other time in our history. I am proud that we are profitable and solvent and do my part to keep this trend going. But, we should have never taken a substandard health plan. Thanks.

LagunaBrown

Too many of the members are insousciance. Many are preoccupied and fixated on an hourly raise. Is not until an illness comes home and then the rant begins. Teamcare is a colossal failure in the sense that the union capitulated. WE were getting better contracts when ups was making less annual profit. We are expected to make 5billion this year. More profit than any other time in our history. I am proud that we are profitable and solvent and do my part to keep this trend going. But, we should have never taken a substandard health plan. Thanks.
. What local are you from?

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)